Kraton J team hobbies 7mm drive shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going to keep the motor completely stock, and while it's not the most powerful, it wheelies right off the get go (outcast 8s) so if that keeps it running it might be better than a faster one that's broken.,.. I mean that's how I'm looking at it anyways!

I'm pretty fortunate that the jumps I hit are all groomed and have great landings (motocross track) so I never intend for ANY of my RC cars to land flat.

These folks here jumping off of wooden ramps landing on flat surfaces got big balls!
I upgraded my motor and ESC to have better control in the air. I actually break less stuff now like that. Go figure. It's the torque that I prefer
You aren't imagining things. I have a V2 Kraton 8s. Castle 2025 the works. 10 diff cases. 8 in the rear. I've tried everything. The screws back out no matter what I try. Hit the throttle and the ring gear backs off enough to shear the 4 dowels and all four screws. I just received my 11 the diff case and the metal insert is cracked straight outta the bag. I'm 3100 dollars into this journey with the Kraton and I'm afraid to drive it.....let alone jump it.
For some reason the O8S has been way more durable than the v2 Kraton 8s that I had. That's been my experience. I guess it's because of the shorter chassis. Not sure. My driveshafts are barely bent. On the K8S, after one run, they were bent extremely bad. The rear diff case was starting to crack on me too on the K8S (O8S is still fine).

I upgraded my motor and ESC to have better control in the air. I actually break less stuff now like that. Go figure. It's the torque that I prefer

For some reason the O8S has been way more durable than the v2 Kraton 8s that I had. That's been my experience. I guess it's because of the shorter chassis. Not sure. My driveshafts are barely bent. On the K8S, after one run, they were bent extremely bad. The rear diff case was starting to crack on me too on the K8S (O8S is still fine).
I changed the wheels and tires and got better air control than the stockers.

I've been running my K8S less because of winter but am consistently breaking axles. Dogbone pins to be precise. I added internal tooth star washers to my rear diff case. So far that has worked on keeping them from loosening and sheering off the bolts but dog bone pins continue to be the glass jaw on this vehicle. Aluminum diff cups pre-ordered from Horizon continue to get pushed back and excuses about order issues. Meanwhile I see Gpm offering an aluminum diff cup solution. All in all I am dissatisfied with this truck. Radio and receiver failure was most recent. Running a Flysky set up now. 3000 dollars plus and I'm afraid to send it down a wet road let alone a tiny jump. I've addressed the issues with Horizon but at some point I have given up. This truck has kinda ruined this hobby for me. 3000 + spent and I won't bash with anyone because it always breaks and I by most standards drive it very easily and take great care cleaning and lubricating what's needed. I'm reaching the end of my rope. K8S V2. Castle 2028 8s 9000 mah.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back