Limitless Jet powered limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool! I think he needed more stones, some larger rocks and a few potholes for his testing...
Yeah in the UK long smooth straight clean roads are a bear to find.:rolleyes:
He might need more than a runway's distance to get his rig up to MAX speed. IDK.:unsure:

It would need a lot more downforce to try getting it up to speed. Now it will go into any direction the jet points.

I often considered making an emergency parachute myself, but never did...

It would need a lot more downforce to try getting it up to speed. Now it will go into any direction the jet points.

I often considered making an emergency parachute myself, but never did...
Theoretically (and probably practically) he could generate downforce simply by tilting the rear of the jet up by a degree or two, no?

In planes that is called vectoring
Thank you, that is the word I was looking for. Though I always thought of vectoring as an active movable component of a jet engine. But functionally, yeah. Same thing.

Theoretically (and probably practically) he could generate downforce simply by tilting the rear of the jet up by a degree or two, no?
If the jet was actively stabilized yes, but at this application/scale, any rock/front flip will change the direction of the propulsion, unlike planes (in air/big/tones of weight)
In a car, wheels of the ground stops the propulsion.

If the jet was actively stabilized yes, but at this application/scale, any rock/front flip will change the direction of the propulsion, unlike planes (in air/big/tones of weight)
In a car, wheels of the ground stops the propulsion.
I'm no rocket surgeon, but I'm pretty sure if a plane flips it changes the direction of the propulsion too...but I get what you're saying ;)

The big difference with airplanes hitting turbulence is that they have control surfaces in all 3 planes (pitch, roll and yaw) - they operate in all 3 dimensions.
With the car, you only have yaw control (steering) - if you hit a rock and pitch up, there is no control to bring it down. And since the engine thrust is now upwards, the car becomes a plane ... for a short while.

The big difference with airplanes hitting turbulence is that they have control surfaces in all 3 planes (pitch, roll and yaw) - they operate in all 3 dimensions.
With the car, you only have yaw control (steering) - if you hit a rock and pitch up, there is no control to bring it down. And since the engine thrust is now upwards, the car becomes a plane ... for a short while.
This is what I envision it looking like (incidentally this is one of the most epic RC jet fails of all time...it's well worth 65 seconds of your life).

I love the wife, "I'm gonna call you right back, my husband's jet is on fire..." :LOL:

This is what I envision it looking like (incidentally this is one of the most epic RC jet fails of all time...it's well worth 65 seconds of your life).

I love the wife, "I'm gonna call you right back, my husband's jet is on fire..." :LOL:
That is how it will look.
It is interesting that the fire extinguisher sounds exactly like the jet engine.
I was expecting a lot more cursing ..... and tears, or perhaps that is why the video cut off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back