Infraction Sid's Infraction V2 Scratch Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you like the aluminum rod ends? The servo arm was something I was pondering for an upcoming build, and it’s one of the last places where I haven’t had total success getting rid of slop.

The Lim I just finished was my first 1/7 road car, too. All of mine before that were Typhon based 328mm builds. It was a fun learning experience. And wow, the available real estate!

Was glad to help, although I think John did most of the work. 😊
Very nice, clean build. Well done, man!
THX @Dan B.

yeah, John was helpful and is very passionate about his product and livelihood!

The servo arm is a very solid piece and time will tell how well the rod end bearing will last keeping it hydrated. I haven't used aluminum ends in any capacity. If you want to try, lmk, I'll send you a pair (only come in packs of 5, and I built 2 so I have a few extra pairs). I found that Dubro rod ends seem to be the most durable plastic rod ends.

THX @Dan B.

yeah, John was helpful and is very passionate about his product and livelihood!

The servo arm is a very solid piece and time will tell how well the rod end bearing will last keeping it hydrated. I haven't used aluminum ends in any capacity. If you want to try, lmk, I'll send you a pair (only come in packs of 5, and I built 2 so I have a few extra pairs). I found that Dubro rod ends seem to be the most durable plastic rod ends.
Good to know, thanks. I was actually on McMaster Carr last week looking for some honest to god heim joints with spherical bearings, and they do have M3 and M4, but they’re like $15.00 each.
I might try the yeah racing, and Dubro as well. Those are two I haven’t tried out yet. The ends that GPM use have been the best I’ve tried so far, but they’re still not perfect after a few packs in.

Got the Infraction out for a proper run tonight. Ran like a champ. The 1721 motor is really strong and after a straight 25min of ripping the poo out of it, it was barely warm to the touch, ESC too. I started with 46/21 gearing and will try out a few more combos for hooning around (I'd like a bit more speed). About roasted a set of Med-Soft GRP's with 1 solid pack run.

IMG_1500 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back