Kraton K6 EXB - Efficient, light 6s ESC/Motor suggestions plz! Going crazy here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this forum! So responsive and knowledgeable!

Ok, so i TOTALLY FORGOT that the Max6 G2 is bumped up to 200A!! That sounds cool! Apparently some folk have had bad luck with Max8 G2’s blowing up. Will wait a bit to see how the Max6 G2 reviews fair……also just Bluetooth programming is a bit of a bummer!

Interesting about the Corally 6s combo. Its like an over clocked Max8 isn’t it ? I heard it gets hot pretty fast! And the motor is almost same as Spektrum 2050kv, no ?

Max6 G1 with Rocket 4092 sounds good!

Hmmm, so is the Quicrun series better than the Spektrum stock systems ???

Now i’m confused with choices!!! U guys are awesome!!!

I have Max6 G1 motor (1650) lying around; but i really don't want to make the rig heavy! But u guys think it’ll run cooler than the Hobbystars ?

Cheers!!
I have a Kraton with Max6 HOBBYSTAR 4092 1730. Truck runs like hell and drives great too. Lighter by far than my other builds.

What gearing and how cool or hot does it run mate ? Thanks!!
I’m pretty sure it’s 20/46 and it doesn’t go into thermal unless I am abusing the hell out of it. They’ll all run hot if you do that!

I have to say, when I was running the 4092 (1650kv) with near stock gearing, it seemed to run hot. Perhaps since it was under geared, it was in the upper rpm range too much? Seemed happier once I raised the pinion by a few teeth..

No love for Castle? The MMX8S is rather capable but idk how much it weighs compared to a Max6.
I have to say, when I was running the 4092 (1650kv) with near stock gearing, it seemed to run hot. Perhaps since it was under geared, it was in the upper rpm range too much? Seemed happier once I raised the pinion by a few teeth..
My 4092 1650kv runs a bit warm too, I think the highest I have temped it was in the upper 160s lower 170s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back