Kraton K6S Cap Pack Wire broken off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-RAD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 4s
So I was running my K6S on an open grass field on 4s for a few minutes then all of sudden I lost throttle Hut had steering. Turned off then on the ESC and it was running fine until I lost throttle again after a couple minutes.

Had no heat issues thinking it was thermal cut off until I noticed a wire from the cap back broke off.

Is this the reason why I'm losing throttle? I'm not entirely sure what cap packs do but can I warranty this? Or can I just solder it back on?

7CD94ECF-6141-4890-BA04-C6E9F516884B.jpeg

It's a pretty easy fix - but you might as well make Horizon pay for their crappy design and have them warranty it.

If you're handy with a soldering iron and some electrical tape or shrink wrap, it's a 2 minute repair job. FWIW, I'd redo the positive side too because that isn't looking to healthy either.

It's a pretty easy fix - but you might as well make Horizon pay for their crappy design and have them warranty it.

If you're handy with a soldering iron and some electrical tape or shrink wrap, it's a 2 minute repair job. FWIW, I'd redo the positive side too because that isn't looking to healthy either.
Figured I just try resoldering back on but I agree with you. This should not have happened. My K6S is still fairly new.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back