Limitless Kaladeth's Limitless V2 - Technical Race Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much better now with the flat head screws.

IMG_0499.jpeg

I 3D printed some different pinion gear sizes to confirm what works. Order placed for a 30t and 32t. That’s going to result in higher temps and (~7%) higher speeds but we shall see.

The batteries arrived today. Had to adjust the QS8 pins on the Y after things shifted during soldering. Missed the tip about soldering with the female lead on. All good now. Still tight but not unbearably tight.

Dry run went good both off and on chassis. Put in loctite and waiting for the requisite 24 hours for my first run!

No clearance at all between the ESC and the body - how does the fan breathe?

IMG_0515.jpeg

IMG_0517.png

Warming up. This thing is amazing 🤩. 🏎️

By the way those GSM020 mounts don’t work on a V2. I just stuck the unit on top of one of the batteries and strapped it down.

Made a few adjustments so had to re-loctite and wait again. Will try to run the track route on a hopefully empty parking lot tomorrow to get some baselines and see what other adjustments present.

1706132826885.png

The K4 charger is here, but in hindsight I should have ordered an extra pair of batteries. Will probably have to raid the LHS before Sunday.

I will not have time to paint - are there rules against racing with clear bodies 😂.

@Jerold - Let’s hit that Milpitas location - where is it?

Last edited:
The batteries arrived today. Had to adjust the QS8 pins on the Y after things shifted during soldering. Missed the tip about soldering with the female lead on. All good now. Still tight but not unbearably tight.

Dry run went good both off and on chassis. Put in loctite and waiting for the requisite 24 hours for my first run!

View attachment 344071
It only comes on if the temps go high enough

I sent you a PM with the location. It's a public forum and don't want to encourage random people (non-AF members) making a mess, drag racing or something.

There's also a few locations in Livermore, but it's a 45min-1hr drive to break parts and crash. 😁

Can’t wait for the paint to dry. Why do glue and paint have the same 24 hour thing. 😂

Went with Plasti Dip Silver Metalizer, Rustoleum 2x Candy Pink, and Rustoleum 2x White / Tamiya PS-1 White for backing.

IMG_5764.jpeg

I also have a 1/7 " track car" and would love to have a track like this for it. Would be interesting what setups the guys at the track have to make those big cars turn...
But I think the laptimes at this track are more like double your target time and the average speed is also lower?!🤔

Initial circuit analysis indicates it is a 0.145 mile track. With a target laptime of 9 seconds, I need to maintain an average speed of 60 mph.

View attachment 344769

Out of curiosity, where did the target lap times come from? Is that roughly what the local folks are running?

Our indoor carpet track is much smaller, and lap times are around 10-11 seconds. Of course speeds are also much lower than 60 mph.

@Lennart Thanks good feedback! @Arise0185 It was a (super rough - I was just counting by myself) estimate based on watching video footage for nitro cars racing on the track. I checked again this time watching the clock, as well as a video of electric cars, and it's more like 20 seconds. Let me update the forecast.

I also found some race results online (seems these are for nitro). These guys are FAST.
https://warmspringsraceway.liverc.com/results/

At any rate, will find out first hand soon!

Last edited:

View attachment 344071
you could cut above the ESC to make a Air Scoop.

Short video clip of the race!

Snapshot of my max speed on the straight:

IMG_0604.png

Broke my left front lower arm and bent a hinge pin on my second practice round. Ouch!

Will try to find spares, otherwise early exit for today.

IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg

Last edited:
Back