Keeping rocks & debris out of your rocket fan/s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Kid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
On a few of my Rockets, they came with a CF decorative cover. ( Nice looking but covers don't stop debris from entering fan blades :mad:
My Semi-easy fix was to CA glue some heavy plastic screen to the bottom side of the cover.
Roughed up the CF on bottom side, then placed a few small dots of CA randomly. Took an oversize square of plastic screen material placing it on the backside of cover.
Placed it between a couple of small pieces of glass plate to sandwich it flat and make sure screen has no bumps etc ....
Given a hour or so to cure CA, took the glass sandwich apart. ( It part is lightly stuck a Safety razor blade takes it right off )
Scissor along the covers edges and at * at corners if sitting on standoff's ?
Now carefully place a small bead of CA along outside edges and center area. Let CA cure and you have a Very durable debris guard/cover on top of your rocket fan/s that looks great too :cool:

b3.jpg

On a few of my Rockets, they came with a CF decorative cover. ( Nice looking but covers don't stop debris from entering fan blades :mad:
My Semi-easy fix was to CA glue some heavy plastic screen to the bottom side of the cover.
Roughed up the CF on bottom side, then placed a few small dots of CA randomly. Took an oversize square of plastic screen material placing it on the backside of cover.
Placed it between a couple of small pieces of glass plate to sandwich it flat and make sure screen has no bumps etc ....
Given a hour or so to cure CA, took the glass sandwich apart. ( It part is lightly stuck a Safety razor blade takes it right off )
Scissor along the covers edges and at * at corners if sitting on standoff's ?
Now carefully place a small bead of CA along outside edges and center area. Let CA cure and you have a Very durable debris guard/cover on top of your rocket fan/s that looks great too :cool:

View attachment 361127
Thats the way to go man 👍 learned early on that the regular fan grill still let's in a lot of pretty big debris in, especially blades of grass. Now I make sure ALL my fans have screens.

Your fan must not be spinning fast enough. You need at least 100k rpm, then your fan become a mulcher (y)
Rig might take off 🚁🤣

Would be nice if fans came stock with a fine protective screen. Pretty much had to DIY all my ESC and motor fans.
Then your fans would last much longer and you wouldn't have to spend your hard earned money to replace the broken fans. It's all about profit for these companies.

Would be nice if fans came stock with a fine protective screen. Pretty much had to DIY all my ESC and motor fans.

That's just about All companies' Planned Obsolescence policy these days..
(Not just RCs ,but any 1:1 vehicle, product, widget..)

They save Big money by giving consumers the cheapest/weakest fans(items) possible to maximize their Upfront profits.

Then sell those Same cheap fans Again once folks buy the replacement fans...

What happened to the good old days when companies took pride in their product. Granted most of them went out of business for selling an over engineered product but they had integrity.

There are still a small handful of companies like that ,out there..

Back