Kraton Kraton 4S 2.5 Steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy All! I tried something...

I took the Savox 1210MG servo out of my E-Revo and put it in my Kraton. I used the E-Revo servo horn that was connected to the truck. It fit perfectly. Unfortunately, it is plastic and while running my truck and my son running his, we collided. 100% my fault, so I am buying the replacement parts.

My truck hit his head-on and mine did a few flips in the air before I landed on the wheels. His had a bent shock shaft. Little did I know that I shredded the teeth of the servo horn. The servo is fine. I am going to try an aluminum alternative next. If you have any suggestions, I am all ears.

driving tom meents GIF by Monster Jam

I tried the Kimbrough 124 today and then had my son try it. My truck had the updated servo saver, and his was stock. Both of them had poor steering. Mine was slightly better...only slightly.

For what it's worth, I've put over a dozen battery packs through my 4S Kraton since installing the Kimbrough saver, and it's held up great. The steering is sharp and quick. Big difference from stock. If that changes in the future, I can update.

For what it's worth, I've put over a dozen battery packs through my 4S Kraton since installing the Kimbrough saver, and it's held up great. The steering is sharp and quick. Big difference from stock. If that changes in the future, I can update.
Same here with the kimbrough 124 HD servo saver. Big difference in my outcast 4s v2 dozen + runs much better till the front wheels start sliding and skipping because too much throttle.

It seems to work great, but I don't really feel like its solved- I would consider it solved if the servo didn't needed to be spaced up at all.
The mod fixes it for the long term so I would say it is solved once installed. The spacers do not move, but someone with a 3d printer could make 1 solid spacer for all 4 screws which would be better. Someone with a 3d printer should start selling a kit with all of the mod parts. The cut servo, spacer and screws would be a nice kit for $45-$50.

Back