Kraton Kraton 6s BLX assembled from what I had

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alien

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I bought only the chassis with the body without electronics and wheels with the idea that I will install what I finally have at the moment without much cost, it is as in the photo.
I did a full diff service, replaced all bearings with new ones. I also installed new front steering blocks. To mount the esc, I used a plate from a 3D printer and rear covers. Kraton did not twist very much, so I added a washer for the servo saver spring. The wheels are Louise ST-MCROSS 3.8 Black MFT 1/2 Offset.
The motor is Hobbywing Ezrun 4274 2200kv cooled by two 35mm fans (cooling done quickly will change over time) Esc Hobbywing max6.
I am still waiting for the aluminum servo mount, this improvement is necessary in my opinion. If funds allow, I will change the motor to HW 4985 1650kv over time.

IMG_5155.jpeg

IMG_5154.jpeg

IMG_5117.jpeg

Nice !!!
I built my Kraton from a roller I purchased off the forum and spares I had lying around as well
It’s all stock arms , everything stock ish except the tires
She jumps well !

I thought about the engine for a long time and chose the Rocket 4092 1650kv. I'm wondering what sprocket to use, I'm leaning towards 19-20T. Now I'm still looking for some sensible cooling for this engine.
IMG_5683.jpeg

Recently I found some time to install the engine. The first ride showed how soft the rear springs are. The rear suspension collapsed under the weight. After twisting the suspension, it was better, but the rear became very springy. I started wondering how to improve it without breaking the budget. I used suspension elements from Maxx V2, although I wasn't convinced that it would work, after the tests I was pleasantly surprised. I still need to choose oil with a higher viscosity for the rear shock absorbers.
IMG_5709.jpeg
IMG_5710.jpeg

Unfortunately, after many rides it turns out that the original springs from Traxxas Maxx are too hard. I continued to look for a solution available to me. I installed springs from Traxxas Sladge, rear 85mm 1.487rate front 1.210rate. The pads visible in the photo were used with Traxxas Maxx. The rear and front ones were sanded from the inside, the front ones were additionally ground down. I used washers to ensure that the springs were well seated, they have a larger diameter than the original ones.

IMG_5790.jpeg

IMG_5791.jpeg

Back