Kraton Kraton 6s exb set up question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GursevekRcGuy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I want to know what motor and esc I should get for my exb 6s. What are do y’all recommend? Also is the

Spektrum RC Firma 150 Amp Sensorless Brushless Smart ESC & Motor Combo (2050Kv) a good choice for your his car? Thanks​

Yes, that's a good choice. Comes in the RTR versions. But for the EXB I, and most others, would definitely recommend the Hobbywing Max 6 combo with the 1650 kv motor. Put a 20-24T pinion on it and it'll be a beast! Motor will run pretty cool but if you put some fans on it it'll be even better. I'd also recommend getting a 40mm server fan and a WFO Racing Max 6 fan shroud to put on the ESC. Do all this and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

I agree with everything but the part about the Spektrum system being a good option, personally I would avoid any of the Spektrum escs as I've seen too many people having problems with them.

If you buy the Spektrum stuff cheap from Jenny’s it’s a decent value. If you are paying full price I would go with something else.

No not 6s 😆 come play with the big boys get a 8s 1650 castle combo.

A 6s mmx2 2200 with 46t infraction spur cooler temps and test different pinion options or 40t spur and run 40/25-34 pinion yes these are setups I did when I was on 6s

I had the max6 combo in my krayon exb. 18t/22t pinion. Found it to run pretty hot pretty quick. If i would do it again i would probaly put a castle combo in there.

I'm running 1250kv spektrum and 160 smart esc they have been beating all to hell and back even had one of the cap pack battery's sporting batterie acid the one day lol, I turned off quickly and let acid drain out and smoke put some super on the hole punctured in the esc and jm still driving to this very day pretty much everyday basher!! I highly recommend the spektrum brand good stuff but haven't personally ran anything else so i couldn't tell you but if you want your car to run nice and cool after bashing for solid 15 mins on and off the throttle for flips and all that jazz then yea spektrum 1250kv motor its big yes and the esc is huge barely roo but can run forever never get warm I currently running 23 tooth pinion and stand and diff gear

I agree with everything but the part about the Spektrum system being a good option, personally I would avoid any of the Spektrum escs as I've seen too many people having problems with them.
Fair point lol. I hate Spektrum all around honestly.

I recently replaced the stock Spektrum system in my Kraton 6s RTR with the Castle MMX 8s ESC with the Castle 1717 1650kv motor. I've seen a few posts about the Spektrum 150A ESC catching fire, both here and on Amazon, and that's the main reason I went with a Castle system.

I recently replaced the stock Spektrum system in my Kraton 6s RTR with the Castle MMX 8s ESC with the Castle 1717 1650kv motor. I've seen a few posts about the Spektrum 150A ESC catching fire, both here and on Amazon, and that's the main reason I went with a Castle system.
I've seen more than a few Spektrum esc fires. I would run the Arrma BLX escs over the Spektrum but that's just me.

I m using the speckttum 160 smart esc and 1250kv barely enough room for the motor to mount up to stock sliding motor mount!

16441210883555423912744738542083.jpg

16441211543911128266988669551907.jpg

16441212230294116376548074434166.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back