Kraton Kraton 6s Stopping and Going

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARRMA Adam

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a 6s Kraton, not a blx. I went to drive it recently and it started acting funky. When I plug the batteries into the car, it only beeps 3 times instead of 6 like usual. The steering works perfect, but the ESC fan wont turn on. The throttle works, but when I set the throttle limit to 100%, it will go %100 for a couple seconds then drop down to %50 or lower, then the throttle dies completely. The batteries I use are 2x Spektrum 5000mah 50c Lipos. The remote I use is a Spektrum Dx2E. I tried recalibrating and re binding the car, but it still does the same thing. Maybe something with the batteries? Not sure. Help if you can. Thanks all

Have you got a lipo cell checker? If you do, pls check the cells in your lipos and see if they're still ok

yeah 3 beep counts means the ESC only sees 3 cells? :unsure:
How I see it. Like @ARRMA Adam said, check the lipos with your cell checker. Need to have one if you don't have one. A decent charger should also confirm all the cells. A DVM can also verify if the pack is at full charge and whether the Fan circuit is dead or just its a bad fan. Fans do crap out. A common thing also. But one lipo cell might be bad I don't know. Good luck.
>> The fact that also the Fan does not run can be a sign that the ESC's BEC circuit is toast. Check the ESC fan with a power source as well.
Process of elimination.
>>>Try running just one full charged 3s lipo pack. Try each one.
Just Make sure to use the Series "loop" Connector for running single packs.

Last edited:
Single 6s bricks are best. How I fly. Just one pack to charge and install. Just makes more sense.
But there's always a risk of a failing cell(s) no matter whether (2) 3s or one 6s.
FWIW those $Smart Spektrum lipos$ aint all that to begin with. Never were. The Embedded "Smart chips" can fail inside of them. This could even be your issue, IDK.
I stay with the Dumb lipos.:giggle: Better performance at a way lower price.
No matter the lipo, care and feeding of them is KEY here.

Single 6s bricks are best. How I fly. Just one pack to charge and install. Just makes more sense.
But there's always a risk of a failing cell(s) no matter whether (2) 3s or one 6s.
FWIW those $Smart Spektrum lipos$ aint all that to begin with. Never were. The Embedded "Smart chips" can fail inside of them. This could even be your issue, IDK.
I stay with the Dumb lipos.:giggle: Better performance at a way lower price.
No matter the lipo, care and feeding of them is KEY here.
It ain't the lipos that's for sure!! đź’Ż
Also what lipos are better in you opinion as far as performance?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back