Kraton Kraton 6s Vs. Maxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the kraton 6s, 4s and the Maxx. Of the three, the only one I regret buying is the kraton 4s. The K4s is the only one of the three that Constantly need something fixed/repaired. I will be getting an erevo when they come back in stock.

If I could have only one, kraton 6s or Maxx, I would pick the K6s even if the Maxx is more durable. I have upgrades on both, but more money into the Arrma. A lot more

Last edited:
Since I don't have a Kraton 6s , I do want to pick one up , but would probably wait til the V5's come out , as I believe the V4's are at the end of their rope .

Just slapped some new tires on the maxx, still not as wide as the K6s, but I like it.
20200526_160156.jpg
20200526_160043.jpg

Just an update, the Maxx has only gotten better. Took it for a quick spin with the new tires and it did great.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm currently trying to make this decision. It seems from looking around, that a few of you have experience with both and possibly even own both of them.

I've been looking at a lot of YouTube videos and reading a lot of posts, but I'm seeing a lot of comparisons between the Maxx and the Kraton 4s (not interested) and the X-Maxx (can't afford) and the Kraton 6s.

Aside from size and one being a MT and the other a truggy, they seem to match up pretty well. Similar price, speed, features, etc.

So which would you choose? I realize I'm asking a bunch of Arrma loyalists, but give me reasons anyway to go with one or the other. Complicating my decision, the Kraton seems to be sold out everywhere and won't be available until June. The Maxx seems to have a bit better availability. I've had my mind made up for both of them at one point in time or another. Thanks!
I have both. The Maxx is more for skate parks, and flipping all over the place. The Kraton is more for higher speeds and stability and bigger jumps and longer jumps. I had to upgrade the servo, chassis, chassis braces and shock towers on the Kraton 6s to make it take the big jumps. The Maxx can benefit greatly from the widemaxx kit and steel CVDS, but that's an extra $120 on top of the $520 price point. The Maxx does break less, but the body on the Maxx cracks easily even with gorilla tape. I like them both TBH. I would buy the Kraton first. That is what I did. ?

I have the kraton 6s, 4s and the Maxx. Of the three, the only one I regret buying is the kraton 4s. The K4s is the only one of the three that Constantly need something fixed/repaired. I will be getting an erevo when they come back in stock.

If I could have only one, kraton 6s or Maxx, I would pick the K6s even if the Maxx is more durable. I have upgrades on both, but more money into the Arrma. A lot more
If u hate repairing rcs... Good luck with erevo 2.0 ?

Do you own one, seriously, do you own an E-revo 2.0? Doubt it could be worse than the kraton 4s.
I did sold it after a month and 2days...then bought the kraton 6s v4
After owning an e revo 2.0, I spent more time working on it than driving it, not the best design for how most of us like to bash I guess.
Tried to tell him bro I owned one too... Always breaking ???

I did sold it after a month and 2days...then bought the kraton 6s v4

Tried to tell him bro I owned one too... Always breaking ???
You give up on a lot of cars really quick, seems kinda suspect. Seriously. That's about how long you had the K6s too., and you complained about constant issues with that car.

Looks more like you hate working on Rc's. I also don't believe you owned an E-revo and worked on it when you didn't even know how to change the pinion gear on your K6s and said you had never worked on an RC before. The only Traxxas on your youtube channel (Brock Diesel) is a 2wd Slash, so why you lying?

How much are you selling your recently purchased Kaiju for? Seriously, I would be interested.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back