Kraton Kraton 8s Carnage! Nose first landing off 10 foot ramp at skate park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigjay23834

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
This is why I said I was never going to a run on concrete or skate parks. Its kinda like one of those " I am never gonna drink again " after a bad hangover. But lesson learned $200 in parts ordered. I had a blast though! I do know that I will hold off on putting this 23t in until I learn to drive a bit better.
Skidplate mount.jpg
Skidplate mount.jpg
Battery Box punch thru left.jpg
Battery Box punch thru right.jpg
Battery Strap snapped .jpg
Carnage.jpg
Chasis Brace Bar.jpg
Frame.jpg
Frame1.jpg
Gearbox case set.jpg
Skidplate mount.jpg
Suspension Hanger Set.jpg

Grenaded! Skate parks will leave a mark.

Nose going down, hammer throttle to lift it up.

If you plan on keeping your chassis stock, I know a guy with a brand new one ;)
I ordered a new one from horizon but would like another if the price is right

I ordered a new one from horizon but would like another if the price is right

Actually, a better aftermarket chassis would be recommended over the stock one. However, the cost alone would be what you just paid for all your parts. I have the JBI chassis and although I've never bashed it, I bet I can hit a grand slam without bending it!

Actually, a better aftermarket chassis would be recommended over the stock one. However, the cost alone would be what you just paid for all your parts. I have the JBI chassis and although I've never bashed it, I bet I can hit a grand slam without bending it!
I will look up the JBI chassis thanks otherwise I was gonna have some steel rods or an additional plate welded length wise along the factory chassis. I may be able to get this old one straightened and experiment with it. More to follow on that

Boy, scrolling down those pictures was tough. It just got worse and worse. Strange how the bumper didn’t break but the bulkhead did. You can just hammer the chassis back out as well as the brace. Maybe keep the new ones for when you’ve had some more wheel time.
Keeping the nose up is hard on this truck. Moving the batteries back could help. I’ve thought about drilling a couple holes and moving them back for more weight to the rear. As stated above the 23t will help as well as setting your punch to its max

Ouch. I do think you may want to invest in a jbirc chassis. 7075 or 6061. 199.00 or 179.00. Stock is what about 80.00?

So actually its not as bad as I thought then. I am going to work with it and see what I can do. I will make sure to leave that angle thanks becuase I was thinking flat @Jimbobjr

This is why I said I was never going to a run on concrete or skate parks. Its kinda like one of those " I am never gonna drink again " after a bad hangover. But lesson learned $200 in parts ordered. I had a blast though! I do know that I will hold off on putting this 23t in until I learn to drive a bit better.
View attachment 64555View attachment 64555View attachment 64556View attachment 64557View attachment 64558View attachment 64559View attachment 64560View attachment 64561View attachment 64562View attachment 64563View attachment 64564View attachment 64565
Time to get to work!!!!

Attachments

• New 8s Parts.jpg
    New 8s Parts.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 49
Time to get to work!!!!
Are you planning on the carbon fiber tubes to upgrade your braces? Some here are thinking that would solve most of the chassis bending issues.

Are you planning on the carbon fiber tubes to upgrade your braces? Some here are thinking that would solve most of the chassis bending issues.
Well I plan to take all 3 tubes with me to lowes today and look for something to maybe go around them or replace them. I need to get the Afro Luchia need to get a link to the 8s ones.

Well I plan to take all 3 tubes with me to lowes today and look for something to maybe go around them or replace them. I need to get the Afro Luchia need to get a link to the 8s ones.
Get the CF tubing from Amazon and save yourself $200 which is what those Afrolucha braces cost. It will keep you chassis from bending lengthwise. Now if you land on a hard uneven surfaces you might bend up one of the sides but there isn't any type of bracing that will prevent that. You would need an aftermarket 7075 chassis to prevent that.

Get the CF tubing from Amazon and save yourself $200 which is what those Afrolucha braces cost. It will keep you chassis from bending lengthwise. Now if you land on a hard uneven surfaces you might bend up one of the sides but there isn't any type of bracing that will prevent that. You would need an aftermarket 7075 chassis to prevent that.
Do you have a link to the amazon carbon fiber tubing ? @bicketybam

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back