Kraton Kraton 8s EXB. XLX2, 1100KV motor and 30/47 gearing. Raminator servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was breaking the big fans too. I started using these on all my big bashers: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/108-THA0412BN

So far they are holding up pretty well. They are heavy but the aluminum housing helps.
Thanks for the feedback. I do have another fan from powerhobby (smaller 35mm one) and that one is holding up better despite being plastic too. Heck, even the game changer fans housing is plastic. But just like metal, not all plastics are created equal. I'm going to install the second one one I have and will put foam between the ESC and the fan base and I'll see if that helps. Powerhobby did respond and they were are sending me another fan with an apology and no questions asked. So their CS is very good.

I knew that this tire was getting unglued, but I kept playing and paid for it. On another note, these powerhobby 4s graphene 8000mah 120C batteries are working great so far after like 3 runs. Warm to the touch. As far as tires go, between the expensive powerhobby XL belted tires, the K8S EXB tires and the 08S tires, I give the nod to the O8S tires. They are still going strong after almost a year of abuse.
20210726_195503.jpg
20210726_195451.jpg
20210726_195246.jpg

Since I blew a front stock tire, I'm going with the Duratrax lockups x 24mm belted tires and I'm going to try out the GPM lug nuts too
20210807_124552.jpg

Rear bulkhead stripped out where the hinge pin blocks bolt up, so it's time for a new one. I never managed to break it, but I did strip out where the front and rear hinge pin blocks bolt up. I'm really impressed with these bulkheads. They sure took an insane amount of abuse before they gave out.

20210923_101043.jpg
20210923_101052.jpg

I've had that happen twice...this last time I just stuffed the hole with gorilla glue and screwed em back. I didn't have a spare, so I'll run it til I get a new one. I dig the vitavon stuff, but ya know....funds and what to choose to do with it...

I've had that happen twice...this last time I just stuffed the hole with gorilla glue and screwed em back. I didn't have a spare, so I'll run it til I get a new one. I dig the vitavon stuff, but ya know....funds and what to choose to do with it...
Yeah they are like $110. But I'm more afraid of the extra weight than the price. I mean, the stock bulkheads are very strong. The only problem is the stripped part.

I see you changed out the XT150 connectors for the bigger QS8's.
You had any problems with them on the XLX2 or just being cautious?
I puffed more than one battery when using smaller connectors. That hasn't happened since I installed the QS8. And no more spark when making the connections.

I puffed more than one battery when using smaller connectors. That hasn't happened since I installed the QS8. And no more spark when making the connections.
Thanks for the quick reply (y)
Been pondering about upgrading the max5 to an XLX2 eventually.
Just didn't know if I would keep my XT150's or not, guess it would be a lot safer upgrading them as well to the bigger connectors/wires.

Just didn't know if I would keep my XT150's or not, guess it would be a lot safer upgrading them as well to the bigger connectors/wires.
From what I hear, the XLX2 can pull 400+ amps constantly. My batteries were getting very hot too with the XT150.
What vehicle do you have? Some have mentioned that they don't see a big difference between the XLX2 and Max 5 for bashers. It makes a bigger difference in speed vehicles from what I understand. The Max 5 is a very good and powerful ESC. It works amazing on my 25lbs Xmaxx.

Last edited:
New rear bulkhead worked great. Also I believe I got a triple backflip today off my friend's huge ramp. Lots of 30ft plus jumps . The proline 4.3 trenchers helped achieve many backflips easily. I did have to cut and replace two of my QS8 connectors since I COULD NOT get them to come off (I guess I adjusted the bullets too wide?). Also the front bolts on the hinge pin blocks keep coming loose??

20211011_124710.jpg
20211011_124834.jpg
20211011_131450.jpg
20211011_123402.jpg

It happened again, so I had to bite the bullet :

20211201_133554.jpg

Those are sweet no doubt. 👍

Thunder RC figured out budget friendly mod/hack for the screws ripping out of the bulkhead.

The bolts on the front hinge pin block (rear bulkhead) start coming out on their own also no matter how hard I tighten them. But for some reason it only happens with the K8S and not the O8S. I've had less experience trouble with the O8S rear bulkhead 🤔. One of the bolts is stripped though, so I'll have to check that video out thanks

I've had front and rears pull. I bought a set of em because they are so cheap, but it's a PITA to swap em on a weekly interval! Did you happen to weigh the vitavon just for weight difference info?

I've had front and rears pull. I bought a set of em because they are so cheap, but it's a PITA to swap em on a weekly interval! Did you happen to weigh the vitavon just for weight difference info?
I didn't but it definitely feels heavier than the plaastic bulkhead. My electronics are very powerful so it shouldn't be be an issue for me.
I see some of those in my near future, beautiful !!!
Very expensive, but the quality is top notch. I haven't installed it yet.

I see some of those in my near future, beautiful !!!
The bulkhead fit perfectly in the rear. It bolted right up to the Arrma stuff and the M2C stuff. I put the overkill driveshafts in the rear. Time for some more 30ft plus jumps! I miss driving this monster. I had to put a new XLX2 since I damaged my previous one by pulling on the bullets on the board 😱😢

20211219_190010.jpg
20211219_213828.jpg
20211219_221736.jpg
20211219_220034.jpg
20211219_221845.jpg
20211219_225219.jpg

Those are sweet no doubt. 👍

Thunder RC figured out budget friendly mod/hack for the screws ripping out of the bulkhead.

Yeah but that is still not going to fix my bolts from backing out on their own, including the bottom ones and the bolts that hold the hinge pin block (the front one in the rear bulkhead ). I believe that problem is solved here since I put loctite on all the bolts that screw into the aluminum bulkhead 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back