Kraton Kraton 8s EXB. XLX2, 1100KV motor and 30/47 gearing. Raminator servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ready to go. Day picture

20211220_121843.jpg

I got like 44MPH with the Outcast 8s XLX2, 1100KV Castle motor 35/47 gearing on grass with the proline 4.3 trenchers. Went yesterday with my EXB K8S with the same exact set up, except the 30/39 gearing gearing and got up to 58MPH on grass! I even tried it a couple of times to make sure it wasn't a fluke. I only have record of the 57MPH but I find that insane 🤣. It's even faster than the Mojave 23t pinion truck running on 8s wow.

Screenshot_20211223-125115_GNSS PA.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that's some monsters build right there. Is that like more than 8s? I'm just so happy with the insane speed and triple backflips that I'm getting with my current set up on 8s . Oh yeah I see you are going for 15s. I'm just trying to keep those driveshafts from exploding on just 8s. I already installed the overkill driveshafts from M2C in the rear. Hehe

Wow that's some monsters build right there. Is that like more than 8s? I'm just so happy with the insane speed and triple backflips that I'm getting with my current set up on 8s . Oh yeah I see you are going for 15s. I'm just trying to keep those driveshafts from exploding on just 8s. I already installed the overkill driveshafts from M2C in the rear. Hehe
Tons more power!!

What the damage on the ramp looks like on the inside

IMG_20211226_181614.jpg

Arrmarookie, that k8 exb looks and sounds like a jet doing a low flyby in that video. I don’t mean to jack your thread but I am putting together a similar set up as we speak. I have been running a o8s exb with the max5 1100 kv HW set up for the past y months that has been awesome for bashing and jumping, no 58mph sends of a death ramp like you, but for the bmx track and occasional ramp bash it’s been great. The k8exb I just picked up and started putting together now I want more for high speed big terrain running. i have the same xlx2 1100 kv castle system going in the kraton and I’m going to run the primal servo I’m also running in the o8exb. I have been happy with the stock outcast tires and thought for some reason the kratons where similar< but when I got the kraton out of the box I was surprised at the size of the kratons meats. there so big and from what I saw you post about them a few pages back, they don’t Look like they will do well at 60 MPH off-road ripping which i plan on.
I saw you post you where trying the belted lock up x’s, but I see the trenchers in all your recent pics. I’m looking for some belted tires for the k8 and was thinking to try the lockups. I have had good luck with the 3.8 lock ups on a few of my high power 7 and 8th scale builds, so was hoping you had good luck with them. I would prefer to buy the lockups at $120 for 4. I have run the 3.8 belted trencher hps on a 8s kraton xl, they held up nice but weighed an absolute ton. If you don’t recommend the lockups, I was thinking to try the Masher x belted if I’m going to have to spend $200 a set, there supposed to be fast and weigh in about the same as stock k8exb tires.
I really enjoyed your thread, hopping you can give me a little advice on shoes to run seeing as you have a lot of real world experience with the rig and set up I’m about to run, thanks man!

95F9832C-7EC2-4401-9048-BF2AD601AD17.jpeg

Last edited:
Arrmarookie, that k8 exb looks and sounds like a jet doing a low flyby in that video. I don’t mean to jack your thread but I am putting together a similar set up as we speak. I have been running a o8s exb with the max5 1100 kv HW set up for the past y months that has been awesome for bashing and jumping, no 58mph sends of a death ramp like you, but for the bmx track and occasional ramp bash it’s been great. The k8exb I just picked up and started putting together now I want more for high speed big terrain running. i have the same xlx2 1100 kv castle system going in the kraton and I’m going to run the primal servo I’m also running in the o8exb. I have been happy with the stock outcast tires and thought for some reason the kratons where similar< but when I got the kraton out of the box I was surprised at the size of the kratons meats. there so big and from what I saw you post about them a few pages back, they don’t Look like they will do well at 60 MPH off-road ripping which i plan on.
I saw you post you where trying the belted lock up x’s, but I see the trenchers in all your recent pics. I’m looking for some belted tires for the k8 and was thinking to try the lockups. I have had good luck with the 3.8 lock ups on a few of my high power 7 and 8th scale builds, so was hoping you had good luck with them. I would prefer to buy the lockups at $120 for 4. I have run the 3.8 belted trencher hps on a 8s kraton xl, they held up nice but weighed an absolute ton. If you don’t recommend the lockups, I was thinking to try the Masher x belted if I’m going to have to spend $200 a set, there supposed to be fast and weigh in about the same as stock k8exb tires.
I really enjoyed your thread, hopping you can give me a little advice on shoes to run seeing as you have a lot of real world experience with the rig and set up I’m about to run, thanks man!

View attachment 193471
No worries. I love to help. You ain't hijacking anything. I'm here to help and get help. The mashers seem to be better than the lockups. The problem with the lockups is that they like to become unglued regularly and I've cracked a couple of rims. No experience with the mashers, but they seem to be a good speed tire. I love the 4.3 Trenchers but they are not that good for speed runs. They are better for jumps to get double and triple backflips. Hehe. The 4.3 badlands are good for speed runs too but they are very heavy. For what you want, I think that the mashers would be better for you. Some people do say that traction is not that good on some surfaces with the mashers due to the chevron pattern? Not sure.

I break hinge pins all day every day.

Got a whole stack of them as back up pretty annoying that they’re so weak.

Lately I’ve been trying these off of Amazon they seem to hold up relatively okay but when they go they simply snap.

Nice thing is you can get five for $10

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B27MJC6?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

You just have to grind down 5 mm off the end to make them 95 mm.

I break hinge pins all day every day.

Got a whole stack of them as back up pretty annoying that they’re so weak.

Lately I’ve been trying these off of Amazon they seem to hold up relatively okay but when they go they simply snap.

Nice thing is you can get five for $10

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B27MJC6?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

You just have to grind down 5 mm off the end to make them 95 mm.
M2C sells some for the 8s trucks. I believe that I installed one in the rear already.

No worries. I love to help. You ain't hijacking anything. I'm here to help and get help. The mashers seem to be better than the lockups. The problem with the lockups is that they like to become unglued regularly and I've cracked a couple of rims. No experience with the mashers, but they seem to be a good speed tire. I love the 4.3 Trenchers but they are not that good for speed runs. They are better for jumps to get double and triple backflips. Hehe. The 4.3 badlands are good for speed runs too but they are very heavy. For what you want, I think that the mashers would be better for you. Some people do say that traction is not that good on some surfaces with the mashers due to the chevron pattern? Not sure.
Thanks brother! Yea, I think I’m going to go with the mashers, ill be running the Kraton on high traction surfaces mostly large open grass terrain high speed runs, so traction shouldn’t be a problem. Low traction bmx track and similar im going to run the Outcast, which I have actually been happy with the BF’s, once I put the mashers on the kraton, may even try the CH2’s on the outcast, there probably a decent bashing tire also.
too bad about the 24 mm DuraTrax, I have had pretty good luck with the 2.8 and 3.8 belted tires staying glued. But there’s a world of difference in the power even a upgraded bigger can 6s system makes then a 112 mm green monster motor lit up by an xlx2 straped to 30 plus pounds! Lol
I like proline quality, but other then these mashers and the 2.8 belted badlands, I think they have a weight problem. nothing hooks up ano holds up like them but the big weight just kills them. I run there belted stuff on a few rigs but I have switched back to both profile 3.8 backflips on all my 8th scale rigs but my few really big power Builds.
by the way, Im using my last new primal ruminator servo on this build, there out of stock on the 70 mg one we have all been using on our arrmas, anyone try there new higher torque one, I forget the rating but it’s $120? I have been real happy with the 75 kg ones, but if the new one is even better then it may be a decent choice if the old one is no coming back in stock or takes months again.

Did it slide in there sideways..? 😂
Yup and going full speed. And I had also hit the curb sideways and it didn't break anything! I still can't believe it!
Ouch! That sucks!
I swear I thought I was going to have a few things broken. My step dad had to help me lift my SUV a bit in order to drive it out of there. No damage!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back