Kraton 8S has arrived…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaryLab

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just delivered! This thing is huge! I was gonna order a radio and batteries and start running it but I think I’m gonna build it first. Some Vitavon goodies coming soon. Still some researching to do. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

IMG_2320.jpeg

IMG_2321.jpeg

IMG_2322.jpeg

IMG_2325.jpeg

IMG_2328.jpeg

Yeah I’m looking for suggestions on necessary upgrades first then I’ll determine others as it goes.

You are looking at some serious power from the start. I would dial in the truck before running it, and before going crazy on upgrades.

I have seen people regret going too far with upgrades, moves the breakage points to different locations and adds too much weight.

Mine is rocking the Max5 / 1100kV and it moves. Has the M2C chassis and that's about it. I did spend a lot of time ensuring the stock diffs were filled with fluid (they were low) and shimming them up correctly. The Center Diff (20million weight) was the worst, the front tires ballooned like crazy.

When I opened it up it was basically empty... I "topped" it off using a silicon earplug and ensured the screws (all 8) were clean and had blue Loctite.

Another thing to note, the EXB shocks are actually quite nice and durable. The RTR BLX shocks were still good but way too stiff and required the pistons to be drilled out to prevent the shock shafts from bending.

Be prepared to have some fun, especially when you hit the pavement with this beast. (y)

You are looking at some serious power from the start. I would dial in the truck before running it, and before going crazy on upgrades.

I have seen people regret going too far with upgrades, moves the breakage points to different locations and adds too much weight.

Mine is rocking the Max5 / 1100kV and it moves. Has the M2C chassis and that's about it. I did spend a lot of time ensuring the stock diffs were filled with fluid (they were low) and shimming them up correctly. The Center Diff (20million weight) was the worst, the front tires ballooned like crazy.

When I opened it up it was basically empty... I "topped" it off using a silicon earplug and ensured the screws (all 8) were clean and had blue Loctite.

Another thing to note, the EXB shocks are actually quite nice and durable. The RTR BLX shocks were still good but way too stiff and required the pistons to be drilled out to prevent the shock shafts from bending.

Be prepared to have some fun, especially when you hit the pavement with this beast. (y)
Good info! What about steering setup? Which bellcrank is best?

Just delivered! This thing is huge! I was gonna order a radio and batteries and start running it but I think I’m gonna build it first. Some Vitavon goodies coming soon. Still some researching to do. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 348918

View attachment 348919

View attachment 348920

View attachment 348921

View attachment 348922
Rpm arms.... They are soo good and durable. I ran my kraton 8s exb on a pole at around 25mph and the hinge pin broke and not the arm 😂 Oh and also there was a rock on the dirt ramp there, the rock probably hit the arm which broke the hinge pin. The rock was the size as my hand

Rpm arms.... They are soo good and durable. I ran my kraton 8s exb on a pole at around 25mph and the hinge pin broke and not the arm 😂 Oh and also there was a rock on the dirt ramp there, the rock probably hit the arm which broke the hinge pin. The rock was the size as my hand
Keep in mind the RPM arms have no droop screw provisions and because they are more flexible you may bend your driveshafts more often.

What shock weight do yall recommend for this rig? Admittedly I have the Kraton RTR v. 1.5 so it’s not the exact rig pictured here, but I can’t find a straight answer on what shock fluid weight to run. Currently I have 35wt in the rear and 30wt in the front. Running max 5 g2 combo w/ 800kv motor.

Thanks!

Back