Kraton Beach Bash, Why have I never done this before? It is so much fun!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is what has stopped me in the past, but it is too much fun, the bearings are worth wearing out to get this enjoyment! Thanks for the tip I'll keep an eye on things.
This is also what scares me about running on sand. So forgiving though and I have a spot in mind where I can stop on the way home from work. It's not salt water but plenty sand and hills. Thanks for the inspiration.

Bearing are cheap. Go have fun with your toy!!!
Agreed. Arrma stock bearings are cheap. At least in past trucks and I don't figure they changed anything. I upgrade with AVID rubber shielded bearings but still need for my 6s rigs.

I've taken my V3 Kraton to the beach a couple of nights in a row now, what fun! Here is last nights attempt, the Big Air is in the second half. Please let me know where I can improve and thanks for watching!View attachment 34470

Another great vid! I am jealous, we have NOTHING like that. Beaches yes, but no where close to this. Its always crowded, and it's never a good idea to run RC cars in populous areas. Keep the vids coming!

With regards to bearings, fine sand will get in regardless if it is sealed or not, it is just the extent. That said, you'd only have to service the bearings in the rear, the ones in front don't' seem to get affected much, at least for my Talion. Servicing is also pretty easy, just takes a few minutes per bearing.

With regards to bearings, fine sand will get in regardless if it is sealed or not, it is just the extent. That said, you'd only have to service the bearings in the rear, the ones in front don't' seem to get affected much, at least for my Talion. Servicing is also pretty easy, just takes a few minutes per bearing.
Thanks mate, I will keep my maintenance up. This beach is only ever crowded if the surf is really pumping, pretty quite most of the year.

Thanks mate, I will keep my maintenance up. This beach is only ever crowded if the surf is really pumping, pretty quite most of the year.
Many are averse to regular servicing, especially bearings. But if I had a place like that to bash, I think it's worth the time and effort. Keep them vids coming. Bash on bro!

And you have Great Whites and giant man-eaters out there too huh? @arrmadillo and I only have gators, nutria and have to paddle or go-devil a pirogue to work every day. lol

That is an amazing bash spot. So beautiful. Just make sure to check your bearings, hardware and diff housings a little more often with the sand and salt and bash on.
Too add to this use corrosion x on everything metal, that will help keep the salt at bay.

And you have Great Whites and giant man-eaters out there too huh? @arrmadillo and I only have gators, nutria and have to paddle or go-devil a pirogue to work every day. lol

View attachment 34671
And don't forget they have Komodo dragons that bite you with their bacterial layden teeth, track you down then devour your flesh. Learned that by my man Steve Irwin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back