Kraton Kraton EXB roller, common issue solve?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evo165

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
Hi all, is the common issue of stripping the rear diff solve?

I understand that Arrma did some changes on rear diff and proper shiming.

How do I know if I am getting the latest batch from my LHS?

Please advice. Thank you!

Just got mine was missing pinion and plastic over body and no 25t servo horn , so I would call or wait till things get back in stock if your not in rush. I did find my shims and they do add them but you should always go threw these beasts I guess before running them . They are from china lol.

Thanks Bro Engineer.

So all Kraton EXB now come with LSD diff for rear correct?

The 6 bucks fix, are you referring to the shim of the 2 main bearing shim inside the diff housing?

ARA709031

Thank you!

Guys, please correct me if I am wrong, the issue on rear diff, it is actually the 1st batch of EXB which use open rear diff, correct?

2nd batch onwards, all rear diff use 1x plate and no more issue anymore, correct?

I just got my exb in the mail yesterday, and was wondering the same thing. I really don’t want to open them up but I think I’m going to.. if I get to it today I’ll post a comment as to what I found. 👍🏻🐢
Tks mate! I think it is wise to remove it to check, at least for the rear diff.

I lsd'ed my v1 and shimmed it up nice and snug before I ever put a pack in it. It's been abused often since then and I haven't had any diff trouble. Shimming your diffs is a necessary skill for this hobby (just like slipper tuning on the 3s/4s line), and you'll benefit greatly from getting your fingertips slimy and developing a feel for the right amount of play.

I just got my exb in the mail yesterday, and was wondering the same thing. I really don’t want to open them up but I think I’m going to.. if I get to it today I’ll post a comment as to what I found. 👍🏻🐢
Hi mate, any update on the diff itself?

Guys, please correct me if I am wrong, the issue on rear diff, it is actually the 1st batch of EXB which use open rear diff, correct?

2nd batch onwards, all rear diff use 1x plate and no more issue anymore, correct?

Yes all the EXBs after the first batch of Kraton EXB have LSD plates in all three diffs and they are very very good. The diffs are the strong point in the EXBs with wider gears with a greater angle for more surface contact.

The rear LSD has the same three plates just stacked for minimal effect.

I bought a first batch Kraton EXB and held on to it for my son’s Christmas present. All I did was put the LSD plates in the rear and it would not take any more shims and it’s worked perfectly.

Hi all, is the common issue of stripping the rear diff solve?

I understand that Arrma did some changes on rear diff and proper shiming.

How do I know if I am getting the latest batch from my LHS?

Please advice. Thank you!
I just filed down the diff cup face that the ring gear screws on to. You can only shim so much because of the pin.
I just need a shim between the bearing and diff housing now tho but i stopped the chattering between the sun and spider gears or whatever they are called.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back