Kraton KRATON EXtreme Bash Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came with oil all over the chassis. Time to find out which diff leaked.

1595673051924.png

The beast has arrived

Hey guys I'm completely new to this and would really appreciate some advice. Yesterday I purchased a kraton 6s v4 and saw the exb. I asked the sales person about it and he said to purchase the electronics for it will cost the same as purchasing kraton 6s v4. He said most people will just transfer all electronics from kraton 6s v4 over to exb. My question is

1) is it more cost effective to transfer parts from 6s v4 to exb? And keep remaining parts from 6s v4 as spares ie tires etc?

2) return kraton 6s v4 buy exb and parts needed separately?

I have no idea how much the parts will cost if I purchase separately...

It would probably be cheaper in the long run to just buy the EXB then buy electronics. You can get all of the electronics for less than $200 if you shop around online, you can a DS3225mg servo from Amazon for about $20, a DUMBORC radio for about $30 and if you go to one of the rc chop shops a BLX185 system for about $120. Most of the parts on the V4 will work on the EXB but are a downgrade from the EXB parts so keeping it for spares probably isn't going to be the best idea.

It would probably be cheaper in the long run to just buy the EXB then buy electronics. You can get all of the electronics for less than $200 if you shop around online, you can a DS3225mg servo from Amazon for about $20, a DUMBORC radio for about $30 and if you go to one of the rc chop shops a BLX185 system for about $120. Most of the parts on the V4 will work on the EXB but are a downgrade from the EXB parts so keeping it for spares probably isn't going to be the best idea.

Thanks so much for the info ? will go exb route then and looking forward to customizing the elctronics as part of the fun . Also glad I went with arrma over traxxas .

I ended up grabbing the one they had for me because I didn’t want to wait for Amain, and I think the unclaimed one they sold yesterday. It was HobbyTown in Frederick MD.
I’m in carroll county, does that hobby town have a good supply of arrma upgrades for the 6s line?

I’m in carroll county, does that hobby town have a good supply of arrma upgrades for the 6s line?

Not really. They are mostly a Traxxas shop. Remote Control Hobbies in Timonium seems to carry a lot though.

Know of any good places to bash?

Not really. They are mostly a Traxxas shop. Remote Control Hobbies in Timonium seems to carry a lot though.

Know of any good places to bash?
No construction sites that I know of, but lots of open parks (grass only) near me. Luckily I have the space in my yard to put the ramp out and send it but I’ve taken it to one or two parks. Parks with baseball fields is where it’s at.

Hey guys I'm completely new to this and would really appreciate some advice. Yesterday I purchased a kraton 6s v4 and saw the exb. I asked the sales person about it and he said to purchase the electronics for it will cost the same as purchasing kraton 6s v4. He said most people will just transfer all electronics from kraton 6s v4 over to exb. My question is

1) is it more cost effective to transfer parts from 6s v4 to exb? And keep remaining parts from 6s v4 as spares ie tires etc?

2) return kraton 6s v4 buy exb and parts needed separately?

I have no idea how much the parts will cost if I purchase separately...
I strongly disagree with the shop telling you that most people will just transfer the all Kraton V4 electronics to the EXB. Maybe they'll use the BLX 185 if they have an extra one laying around but from what I've seen posted here are most are going with higher end Motor and ESC combos and a high torque servo and a better radio and receiver. The radio and receiver in the V4 is pretty low quality and considered by many a throw away. I would be surprised if anyone actually uses it in the EXB.
Would the shop even let you return the Kraton V4? I always thought RC stuff was not refundable unless defective or broken. I would think they would have quite a few open box RC returns after buyers remorse or a screaming wife finding out what it cost. lol

Last edited:
I have been looking at what differential oil weights some have been using but what brand of diff oil do most people go with? If I add oil to the diffs should I drain the oil in there first if I am using a different brand? Or does it not matter? Also, should the diffs be filled up or is there a way to determine how much oil to put in? Sorry for the newbie questions.

Brands do not matter.
They should be full, they have a drain screw, I typically fill them up open that screw and assemble them. Once done, close that screw again.
Plenty of opinions on weight.
I'm on 50/500/30
Frequent uses: front 30-60k, mid 200-500k, rear 20-50k.
frt/rear - ok to have both the same. If they differ you should have the higher weight in the front.
Weights impact steering and handling i.e experiment what suits you best. Higher numbers have less power bleed (tires don't balloon as much) but steering is worse. If you are on the road and do straight runs, go with heighest weights, for bashing it's based on preference.

Plenty of threads of diff fluids.

Brands do not matter.
They should be full, they have a drain screw, I typically fill them up open that screw and assemble them. Once done, close that screw again.
Plenty of opinions on weight.
I'm on 50/500/30
Frequent uses: front 30-60k, mid 200-500k, rear 20-50k.
frt/rear - ok to have both the same. If they differ you should have the higher weight in the front.
Weights impact steering and handling i.e experiment what suits you best. Higher numbers have less power bleed (tires don't balloon as much) but steering is worse. If you are on the road and do straight runs, go with heighest weights, for bashing it's based on preference.

Plenty of threads of diff fluids.

Thank you sir!! Much appreciated!

So I picked up the exb and now I need to build it. Can somebody tell me what the pros and cons would be between these two options?

Option 1 - spectrum firma 2050kv motor and esc firma smart 150amp brushless ESC
Vs
Option 2- max6 ezrun combo with 1650kv motor

So I picked up the exb and now I need to build it. Can somebody tell me what the pros and cons would be between these two options?

Option 1 - spectrum firma 2050kv motor and esc firma smart 150amp brushless ESC
Vs
Option 2- max6 ezrun combo with 1650kv motor
Option 1 is similar to a stock K6S and would be the minimum option.

Option 2 I’ve never ran but judging from others, it would be a very good combo and would be near top of the line as far as performance.

Option 1 is similar to a stock K6S and would be the minimum option.

Option 2 I’ve never ran but judging from others, it would be a very good combo and would be near top of the line as far as performance.

Thanks ...I ended up going with the specktra firma 2050kv/ESC combo for the telemetry capabilities and I'm not sure but I think it's easier to install and no soldering ? . Nobody has the max6 combo in stock anywhere in Canada :(
Also going to grab a dx5 green , spectra 3 channel receiver , for servo Spektrum S6250 . I just got build from YouTube video and figure I'm playing it safe. I hope this is a good setup.

batteries and charger I have no idea what to get yet...

Update....
Final config
after countless hours of research from this wonderful community ?

1) For batteries i went with spektrum 6s battery and charger combo (2X3s)
2) transmitter dx5 rugged green (new version) and 3 channel receiver
3) servo savox 1210sg instead of spektrum s6250.
4) motor and esc -spektrum firma 2050kv /ESC
(Note I found a mmx8 and 1717-1650kv !! So I was thinking to exchange from the spektrum firma 2050kv /ESC combo I originally got. But having second thoughts after watching another YouTube video because I don't want to pop wheelies, blow tires, or launch my kraton 60 feet in the air not while it's new at least lol).

For my two motor options can somebody please confirm if my understanding of the mmx8 and 1717 motor with my setup is correct above? Or will it just run the same but cooler with 6s battery?

Iam aiming for something more tame and don't want to pop wheely and flip car by accident ???? Therefore thinking of sticking with the firma 2050kvmotor/ESC combo.

Update all questions answered. I went with firma 2050k motor and it surpassed all my expectations. I can't imagine it needing to be any quicker but will save that when I get the upgrade itch in the future lol

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back