Fireteam kraton hex and stub axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny504

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
ive seen a couple you tubers talking about gaining a wider stance by using kraton hubs and stub axles? Im unsure exactly how thats supposed to work. are they talking about the little red 17 mm hubs or the actual bearing carriers. Anyone have a parts breakdown they could share? thanks in advance !!

Yeah its also the BB larger offset carriers. (Uprights/Hubs). To get the full Tracking Width of a Kraton. Directional stability will always take a hit if doing this to a Short WB chassis. Depends how you like to drive. Many widen the XLWB FT platform. I have yet to do this. I have no Traction rolling issues with my FT, and how I drive it. I dialed in the Roll center, "Layed Down" the 4 shocks, etc and did other tweaks to control Traction Rolling, however. The One main reason for using a wider Track width in the first place. IMHO. Simple tweaks can accomplish the same as widening track width. Doing this will cost $$$. I would try other tweaks first.
Doing it just because the next guy on BF did it, makes no sense if you don't understand why you would even want to in the first place.
If you want to do this just for "Show" or the "Looks", well.... you are on your own there.:giggle:

Last edited:
You’ll want to do aluminum hubs, stubs(axle carrier), and hex ends. Upgraded Hd bearings will improve longevity especially with heavier unbalanced Monster truck wheels.

The fireteam wheels have a decent offset but are weak in width so there are much better options IMO. For example, if you run 6S backflips or other large backspacing wheels it could pose interference issues on the tie rod(steering link) with the fireteam/Mojave outer configuration.

You could just run Prolines with 1/2” offset wheels to accomplish similar results, but then you’re limited to their adapters. That’s what I used to figure out I like the air control, stability, and overall control of the wider Fireteam better and swapped over. You won’t regret it, especially running LP or 6S Backflips .

Last edited:
ive seen a couple you tubers talking about gaining a wider stance by using kraton hubs and stub axles? Im unsure exactly how thats supposed to work. are they talking about the little red 17 mm hubs or the actual bearing carriers. Anyone have a parts breakdown they could share? thanks in advance !!
Hi Danny

I am a guy that likes a wider stance on rigs...but it goes to how I bash. I love to that the FT or any 4x4 bash and send it full speed and throw it into a hard slide/drift/turn, and it does not traction roll and flip...this is also on rough surfaces. A wider stance works for me, but maybe not for all....

I have a Kraton EXB that I had removed the hubs off for aluminum hubs. So I had the stock Kraton hubs for my FT. I duplicated what Rich Duperdash did since many of my posts here talks about wide stances...right on time for me.

I did need to purchase the Kraton axles, so there is a cost. I also needed to purchase the longer turnbuckles that are attached to the bellhousing so the camber would be right. The FT will be too short for the hubs.

Hell, I still added the M2C extended hubs on the FT...keep in mind I have those on all my rigs, even my Big Rock.

As SrC said, determining what works for you there is a cost. All stock parts in this transition work great I did not need to upgrade anything when I initially did it for months. Later I did change to aluminum Kraton hubs, but that was a personal choice due to a sale and has nothing to do with stock breaking.

Performance - Excellent. It was never bad stock on stance, but I wanted more for my style...agree with SrC. Now with its 6S crazy power, it just stays planted even over rougher terrain.

Remember the stock Kraton hubs are great...pic showing the longer turnbuckle needed.
1685893930110.png

Just to add my 2. FWIW I have the M2C hub extenders on 2 of my 6s rigs..Kraton and Outcast and love them! I also have some GPM hub extenders on one of my 8s rigs and love how planted it stays on the ground and landings. Not necessary but makes the experience better for my uses. 🤙🏼

You’ll want to do aluminum hubs, stubs(axle carrier), and hex ends. Upgraded Hd bearings will improve longevity especially with heavier unbalanced Monster truck wheels.

The fireteam wheels have a decent offset but are weak in width so there are much better options IMO. For example, if you run 6S backflips or other large backspacing wheels it could pose interference issues on the tie rod(steering link) with the fireteam/Mojave outer configuration.

You could just run Prolines with 1/2” offset wheels to accomplish similar results, but then you’re limited to their adapters. That’s what I used to figure out I like the air control, stability, and overall control of the wider Fireteam better and swapped over. You won’t regret it, especially running LP or 6S Backflips .
There are No fitment/interference issues stated above. with Tie rods etc.
Yes, simply installing wheels with a more "postive offset" can gain you a wider track width.
I can't say this will give you better Rotational control however. It's more the size and mass of the specific tire that does this.
If what you say is true, I would notice the rotational control difference with a wider track... Which I don't see. There are other variables to consider with rotational Air control. And no 2 RC's handle alike. No 2 drivers drive the same.
I chose not to widen my FT track width. Many others did because a few YT Influencers did it. So, many felt it IS a thing.
I was able to dial out much traction rolling, without doing this. So, I feel it is NOT a thing. All while keeping the good directional stabilty of the narrower stock track width. FT Being heavy and having a higher Center of gravity, widening the track width has its drawbacks. FWIW I even lengthen the wheelbase at the rear hubs.
Maybe it looks "Cool" being wider, but function over form is better.
Only my opinion. There will be many others. I get it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back