Kraton Kraton 6s exb, Xmaxx and Losi Promotomx bike.Which one would you pick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me the Losi MX is out. You will need a lot of space and is not user friendly. At least to me. As far as the XMAX that is out as well. The bigger the machine the bigger the price for parts. Big $$$$. Your 1st rig should not be the biggest. Big is not always better. That leaves the Kraton 6s. That would be the one for me. Traxxas has the Hoss. My 1st rig and I still love it. Great customer support and parts availability. You can call them and speak to a real person. The battery charger is too easy. So good. If It were me to do over? I would start with the Arrma Typhon. 6s , not the 3s. The 6s Arrma series are the cats ass. For me I would get the Arrma Notorious, 6s. I just bought this rig. Good luck and have a 💥
20240220_075109_resized.jpg

To me the Losi MX is out. You will need a lot of space and is not user friendly. At least to me. As far as the XMAX that is out as well. The bigger the machine the bigger the price for parts. Big $$$$. Your 1st rig should not be the biggest. Big is not always better. That leaves the Kraton 6s. That would be the one for me. Traxxas has the Hoss. My 1st rig and I still love it. Great customer support and parts availability. You can call them and speak to a real person. The battery charger is too easy. So good. If It were me to do over? I would start with the Arrma Typhon. 6s , not the 3s. The 6s Arrma series are the cats ass. For me I would get the Arrma Notorious, 6s. I just bought this rig. Good luck and have a 💥 View attachment 349780
Wow never seen this color for notorious

Did you bought a transparent body and colored it

Or isnit like that out from factory for Notorious 6s

Xmaxx. I’d be willing to bet anyone who says they have more fun with a 6s Kraton than an Xmaxx is only saying so because of stupid brand loyalty.

K6s is a great rig, but ripping around in a clumsy Xmaxx that can take stupid amounts of abuse is in a total different league.

Wow never seen this color for notorious

Did you bought a transparent body and colored it

Or isnit like that out from factory for Notorious 6s
I painted it green is all. It's the clear body. I taped the windows, and put a light coat on the body. Then painted it like I own it. :cool:. I don't put window stickers on my rigs. I would rather have them clear. Or tint them.

Xmaxx. I’d be willing to bet anyone who says they have more fun with a 6s Kraton than an Xmaxx is only saying so because of stupid brand loyalty.

K6s is a great rig, but ripping around in a clumsy Xmaxx that can take stupid amounts of abuse is in a total different league.
We all have opinions. Yours count as well. 👍 . As far as loyalty , my favorite rig is my Sledge.
20231110_093706_resized_2.jpg

Last edited:
It matters not about loyalty. What matters is the rig itself. My opinion. :cool:

No such thing as loyalty. Rigs matter, not loyalty. I like my Traxxas as well as Arrmas. Thinking about Losi next. 🤷‍♂️ oh well.

Last edited:
When all else fails, Kraton. 💪 (yes, I am biased)
To me the Losi MX is out. You will need a lot of space and is not user friendly. At least to me. As far as the XMAX that is out as well. The bigger the machine the bigger the price for parts. Big $$$$. Your 1st rig should not be the biggest. Big is not always better. That leaves the Kraton 6s. That would be the one for me. Traxxas has the Hoss. My 1st rig and I still love it. Great customer support and parts availability. You can call them and speak to a real person. The battery charger is too easy. So good. If It were me to do over? I would start with the Arrma Typhon. 6s , not the 3s. The 6s Arrma series are the cats ass. For me I would get the Arrma Notorious, 6s. I just bought this rig. Good luck and have a 💥 View attachment 349780
Dude, I love that Notorious. 🔥

Last edited:
Since you have so much diversity already, have you thought about adding boats and planes to the mix?

The X-maxx is for kids who button mash video games and just want to try and damage/break $hit (which will be the Traxxash gears they use first). Completely clumsy technical driver because of their poor steering design.

The Losi PM is a shelf queen or conversation starter, otherwise enjoy picking it up every 5 seconds during any off-roading.

L
Since you have so much diversity already, have you thought about adding boats and planes to the mix?

The X-maxx is for kids who button mash video games and just want to try and damage/break $hit (which will be the Traxxash gears they use first). Completely clumsy technical driver because of their poor steering design.

The Losi PM is a shelf queen or conversation starter, otherwise enjoy picking it up every 5 seconds during any off-roading.
Lol🤣

Very bad🤣🤣🤣🤣

You are making fun of me and my question.

There's a child in every man when it comes to such kind of toys and same applies for me.

Since I cam only buy one hence had to put question with different styles of RC toys

L

Lol🤣

Very bad🤣🤣🤣🤣

There's a child in every man when it comes to such kind of toys and same applies for me.

Since I cam only buy one hence had to put question with different styles of RC toys
Really they are not toys, but hobby grade RCs. You buy the toys at Wally World. You asked the ? My answer is get an Arrma 6s. Typhon, or Notorious. Both are entry level rigs, on the high end of the spectrum. Enough said. :cool:

Really they are not toys, but hobby grade RCs. You buy the toys at Wally World. You asked the ? My answer is get an Arrma 6s. Typhon, or Notorious. Both are entry level rigs, on the high end of the spectrum. Enough said. :cool:
I already have typhon 6s,Maxx 4s and Erevo 2.0

L

Lol🤣

Very bad🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wasn't a direct dig, my point was you just need to get closer to the target on what type of RC expectations you're seeking from a $500-1000 purchase. Having a typhon/maxx/e-revo you're probably looking for something massive or unique which the Kraton 6S is neither.

I think this is why I like my Notorious / Outcast trucks so much..... My Kraton drives too well and the X-Maxx is fun but a little too clumsy for my style. I run the Notorious most of the time, but with upgraded servo & steering to gain a little control, plus the punch is dialed back a little bit so I can decide when I want it to be a wheelie machine.

I think at this budget it is likely you already have other RC cars that can be bashers.

If that is the case try the Losi Pro Moto.
The resale value is really good on them so if you don't like it you could get more of your money back than from the other 2 RCs.

If you want to drive a truck and go crazy the Kraton 6s always gets my vote over a 1/5 scale rig. I have owned the XMAXX 8s and the Kraton and prefer the Kraton 6s all day.

When all else fails, Kraton. 💪 (yes, I am biased)

Dude, I love that Notorious. 🔥
Thanks. I have another body, just waiting for the paint to arrive. I love what @Saladshooter said about the Notorious, It is my goto for now.

Last edited:
B
You can stunt the K6, but the shorter wheelbased Outcast is a dedicated stunt truck. They are very similar, except for the wheelbase, tires/wheels, and body.
But Outcast 6s exb is discontinued and I am not sure if the Outcast BLX version is as good and worth it.

Do you have any idea if the Outcast BLX version is durable and even any inch closer to the exb version

B

But Outcast 6s exb is discontinued and I am not sure if the Outcast BLX version is as good and worth it.

Do you have any idea if the Outcast BLX version is durable and even any inch closer to the exb version
O6s great truck just upgrade the rear diff housing to aluminum amd u good to go,I sold mine but was a great truck

Back