Fireteam Kraton hub swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wcm250f

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
What all is needed to add the kraton hubs to make the fireteam wider. I blew out a bearing on the front right hub and figured I should just widen it now.

As far as I can tell, you will need the front steering blocks and bearings; the front CVD axles; the rear axle carriers and bearings; and the rear stub axles.

As far as I can tell, you will need the front steering blocks and bearings; the front CVD axles; the rear axle carriers and bearings; and the rear stub axles.
He's right. I put Kraton hubs and axles on my Fireteam. The black Fireteam hexs fit with no problem. It widens it up a little bit, but most importantly, I think it's more durable having more meat on the Hubs.

He's right. I put Kraton hubs and axles on my Fireteam. The black Fireteam hexs fit with no problem. It widens it up a little bit, but most importantly, I think it's more durable having more meat on the Hubs.

That's why I am wanting to do it. I shattered the bearing.

As an alternative, you could replace the bearings with quality like Fast Eddy or Jim’s.
These are the same hubs as my Mojave and Talion. Those seemed to have come with better bearings from the factory

What all is needed to add the kraton hubs to make the fireteam wider. I blew out a bearing on the front right hub and figured I should just widen it now.
I don't think you need anything but the hex adapters themselves? The red aluminum bits..
I went the opposite with my Kraton exb. I put FT hub adapters on the kraton because they have more engagement with the wheel hexes..less likely to strip out the wheels. Admittedly, I wasn't concerned about giving up any width on the kraton though.

As an alternative, you could replace the bearings with quality like Fast Eddy or Jim’s.
These are the same hubs as my Mojave and Talion. Those seemed to have come with better bearings from the factory
I do wonder if there is any real difference between what Jim's or Eddie's is selling from factory Arrma.. not saying there is or isn't, but just that they ALL come out of China. Also, I doubt there's any difference from one Arrma 6s model to the next with regards to bearings used. They surely do get "bad batches" though. My brothers Talion exb blew both front inner hub bearings on day one!! That's bad!!

Last edited:
FWIW, JRC is a great resource for comparing the different Arrma model parts to see what's actually different from one model to another. Be sure to double check with other sites/resources however, everyone makes mistakes..

I do wonder if there is any real difference between what Jim's or Eddie's is selling from factory Arrma.. not saying there is or isn't, but just that they ALL come out of China. Also, I doubt there's any difference from one Arrma 6s model to the next with regards to bearings used. They surely do get "bad batches" though. My brothers Talion exb blew both front inner hub bearings on day one!! That's bad!!
I agree many parts are likely the same. It’s all about factory assembly.
It seems the newer models on same hubs, Talion EXB and Fireteam, bearings don't last more than a couple of bashes.
Whereas my v3 Talion (2018) and v1 Mojave (2019) lasted a long time.

I put TRB RC hybrid ceramic wheel bearings in my Kraton 6s because I don't trust the stock bearings. I bought just the eight piece wheel bearings set, not the complete 26 bearing set.

Last edited:
If I were more organized, I could (should) keep track of what bearings I used and where.. I have bought bearings from too many places at this point to really know which came from whom,LOL.

Looks like I messed up on my order. I got the kraton hubs on the rear but needed to order the cvd for the front.

I was looking around trying to see what all is different between kraton and FT. Looks like the actual cvd shaft is the same,but the axle is different. You may be able to use your FT cvds and just buy kraton stub axles. There has to be something else different though..because IIRC they both use the same plastic carrier/knuckle? Not sure..

I was looking around trying to see what all is different between kraton and FT. Looks like the actual cvd shaft is the same,but the axle is different. You may be able to use your FT cvds and just buy kraton stub axles. There has to be something else different though..because IIRC they both use the same plastic carrier/knuckle? Not sure..

If you are following what Rich Duperdahs did, which is what I did I had the Kraton 6S EXB hubs since I added aluminum hubs to my Kraton. The front/rear driveshafts are the same no change. I had to order the Kraton axles, which are longer than the FT for the F/R....for the front you are replacing just part of the existing CVD with the longer axle. I used the same wheel bearings used on the 6S rigs...I have either Jim's or Avid.

Easy changeover and no change to the rear

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back