Kraton Kraton & Outcast Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
All,

I'm pretty new, but looking to add to my arsenal of Arrma trucks. My son and I love monster trucks and I've got two main questions, one for my truck and one for his.

1) My truck: Next one will be either Outcast or Kraton and either 4s or 6s. I've read a lot about 4s having diff and slipper clutch issues, but also seen a lot about how 6s needs lots of work. What would the experts here recommend for a MT enthusiast to purchase for a basher MT?

2) My son. He's really young, almost 3. He LOVES MTs and always wants to run my granite 3s - he can't. Are there any slower but still authentic looking and fun (but not total target quality trash) trucks I could consider for him and his 3 year old hands?

Thanks all, I love it here. Look forward to your responses.

If you want a MT (not a truggy on MT tires) to bash hard, then I think a Traxxas Maxx 4s would be a better choice. Arrma doesn't really offer a MT chassis vehicle.

For an authentic looking and performing MT that isn't too fast/powerful for your son, maybe the Axial SMT-10 Grave Digger?

I would preorder the new EXB as all the previous problems are solved. Then put a hobbywing max6/4985 in it with a cheap 35kg servo a dumbo rc transmitter and a 6s battery and you’re ready to go!
Yes that is the best basher you can get now and the value is crazy good. I worked out that it is only 60 dollars more expensive than the normal kraton with the max6, good servo, good transmitter and receiver. Plus your choice of a massive motor

Does anyone know if the proline pro mt 4x4 roller is no longer in production? That would be perfect I think

Does anyone know if the proline pro mt 4x4 roller is no longer in production? That would be perfect I think
I think they had planned an updated version before Covid hit. They put them on sale and cleared out inventory last fall/winter. My guess is they had a V2 coming but it’s been delayed.

I think they had planned an updated version before Covid hit. They put them on sale and cleared out inventory last fall/winter. My guess is they had a V2 coming but it’s been delayed.

thanks, maybe I can wait until the next edition, provided the virus subsides at some point.

who am I kidding, I’ll just get one in between, while I’m waiting for proline v2.

Last edited:
4s kraton needs diff yokes HR slipper clutch clenaing and threadlock and a front bumper maybe rpm arms
Otcast needs front bumper but diffs yokes i don't think because i run with a clutch pretty loose and diff still has no play on the diff afte doing dumb instan backflips and self righting. a lot less stressed than on the kraton 4s imo krton has more issues than the outcasts

Last edited:
Don't know what to recommend for a 3 yr old but as far as you the Maxx is a durable truck OTB but pricy like recommended above. The Redcat Kaiju is another MT for $400 with a lot of great features with bang for the buck.

Both OCs and Kratons need upgrades OTB, radio, bearings, etc etc. You can put a ton of money into them especially the 6s ones if you bash hard enough. The new K6S EXB looks like a winner on paper but may not be your cup of tea if your not familiar with installing electronics and such. K6S and OC6S is a lot of truck and expensive to own, upgrade, and maintain. I can tell you this, if the EXB was available before I bought both Kratons and Outcasts, I wouldn't have bought any of them.

Don't know what to recommend for a 3 yr old but as far as you the Maxx is a durable truck OTB but pricy like recommended above. The Redcat Kaiju is another MT for $400 with a lot of great features with bang for the buck.

Both OCs and Kratons need upgrades OTB, radio, bearings, etc etc. You can put a ton of money into them especially the 6s ones if you bash hard enough. The new K6S EXB looks like a winner on paper but may not be your cup of tea if your not familiar with installing electronics and such. K6S and OC6S is a lot of truck and expensive to own, upgrade, and maintain. I can tell you this, if the EXB was available before I bought both Kratons and Outcasts, I wouldn't have bought any of them.

Thanks armadillo, that Kaiju looks really interesting too (and of course its sold out until October). I don't mind putting in the electronics, but I think the EXB may be a tough sell on the wife - It'll be like $800 after electronics right?

Thanks armadillo, that Kaiju looks really interesting too (and of course its sold out until October). I don't mind putting in the electronics, but I think the EXB may be a tough sell on the wife - It'll be like $800 after electronics right?
Heh you can get the elcetronics at jennyrc for 150$(Motor and esc) so 469+150=619$+ a du,borc rc radio(35$) and 20$ amazon servo you are under the 700$ Here jn canada no point of buying the rtr now because of the crap raio and servo i think the roller is a steal you don't have to remplace crap servo or crap radio out of the box you install what you want day one!!

The Kaiju can be found, look in the Kaiju thread. Forget the members name, maby armarookie something or other, his LHS gets them and will ship, another member on there can also get them from his LHS, so they are out there, you just have to look.
Shipping will not be that much.

Yes the EXB will be in that range but well worth it, I have over 1K in my 6s rigs each, it's easy to do when you mod. I will be getting the EXB, just waiting for the dust to settle with all the hype and waiting on the big guns to see if they can bend the chassis. Understand the wifey thing but this is a expensive hobby for sure. I love the Kaiju, so much bang for the buck, loaded with great parts OTB. Its looks awesome in person, no RC is perfect and it has it's issues like any other, but it's V1 and parts will evolve and update I'm pretty sure. For $400, no brainer IMO. Good luck with your choice! ?
20200703_025749.jpg
20200703_025914.jpg
20200605_191058.jpg
20200605_190449.jpg
20200605_190449.jpg

Yeah like Surchufeur said, nitro 3.3

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back