Kraton Kraton V3 ESC Fans Keeps Failing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunPlayBack

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey All, does anyone have issues with the V3 ESC fan? I've broken the stock blades after a bad jump and replaced it with a Yeah Racing 30mm which worked great for awhile and now that's toast as well. I have the same Yeah Racing fan on my motor heatsink and that's still going strong, despite being more exposed to the elements. I'm beginning to think the ESC cover is the root of the problem - either trapping debris in the fan motor or overheating the fan since there's not a lot of room for airflow. Has anyone removed their V3 ESC cover? Or dremel out the Arrma logo so the fan is more exposed? Constantly replacing this fan is becoming a pain.

I’m following this. I keep on seeing debris grass etc inside my fans too.

I broke one on my senton after a bmx track day. I saw a suggestion to cushion the ESC. I used double sided foam tape that’s a good 1/16” thick or maybe a little more. I left the backing on the side of the tape that the esc touches so it’s not stuck down. Did it on all 3 of my trucks. Just had a long day at BMX again and nothing broken :)

I use black aluminum screen to keep rocks out of my max8. Should work with stock esc too. Use a few of the screws with a small washer to hold it.

I broke one on my senton after a bmx track day. I saw a suggestion to cushion the ESC. I used double sided foam tape that’s a good 1/16” thick or maybe a little more. I left the backing on the side of the tape that the esc touches so it’s not stuck down. Did it on all 3 of my trucks. Just had a long day at BMX again and nothing broken :)

Great idea I will try that, it definitely happens after hard landings. Thanks for the tip!

I use black aluminum screen to keep rocks out of my max8. Should work with stock esc too. Use a few of the screws with a small washer to hold it.

Oh yeah I remember a buddy of mine used aluminum screen on his Stampede, will try that as well. Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back