Kyosho Fazer MK2 caught my eye!!🔥

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am planning on getting a Fazer MK2. I was thinking of getting the kit ($139) at first, but then I realized, the brushed RTR is $100 more, but they come with those gorgeous Kyosho bodies. The bodies alone cost $100. Then the RTR brushed version also comes with a servo, receiver and transmitter. Which is around $100 in added value. That's not even counting the fact that you also get a brushed esc and motor ready to run. Watching some videos, I'm not 100% sure I'll need brushless.

The kit does give you a few extras, metal center driveshaft, metal front CVD's, metal motor mount, and I think the body mount posts are different. But that's only around $85 in added value. If you want to upgrade to brushless, you have to add a brushless ESC and motor with either option.

So, if you are going to use your own transmitter, then getting the kit will probably end up costing less. But if you want another transmitter, getting a brushed RTR then adding all the kit upgrades costs less. Especially if you're able to sell or use the brushed esc and motor elsewhere.
IMO the kits aren't really worth it unless you already have a body and all of the electronics that you want to run sitting around. I've got several brushed RTR models I've upgraded and several built from kits. The kits still need the rear swing axles addressed (Kyosho for dog ones), an aluminum motor plate assuming you're running brushless, and in my opinion HD (steel) center shaft cups. Like you said, right there is about 80. For the RTR model, add another pair of swing arms, so +130 for upgrades over the base price. However, you do get a really nice body, and the brushed electronics are really good...much better than the brushed stuff you see from Horizon or Traxxas. The stock servos are good too....again, way better than Spektrum. I've been able to pull the stock electronics and sell the (including transmitter and receiver) for $100 consistantly, so that pretty much pays for the drive train upgrades, and although I do have to add my own electronics at that point, I'd have to do that on the kit as well, so it's a wash. So in the end, you're looking at maybe $50 more for a really nice painted scale body, and you don't have to bother with assembly. So the kits are great for a full on build, but if you just want to upgrade to brushless and not fret, the RTR models are still the way to go IMO.
That motor is fairly large compared to the firma 3200kv I have.. but still I see the 5mm being hard to fab in for sure!!
The can is, but I don't think there's too much difference in output shaft length. I could be wrong though, as I haven't looked up specs or compared them side-by-side at the moment of writing this.

IMO the kits aren't really worth it unless you already have a body and all of the electronics that you want to run sitting around. I've got several brushed RTR models I've upgraded and several built from kits. The kits still need the rear swing axles addressed (Kyosho for dog ones), an aluminum motor plate assuming you're running brushless, and in my opinion HD (steel) center shaft cups. Like you said, right there is about 80. For the RTR model, add another pair of swing arms, so +130 for upgrades over the base price. However, you do get a really nice body, and the brushed electronics are really good...much better than the brushed stuff you see from Horizon or Traxxas. The stock servos are good too....again, way better than Spektrum. I've been able to pull the stock electronics and sell the (including transmitter and receiver) for $100 consistantly, so that pretty much pays for the drive train upgrades, and although I do have to add my own electronics at that point, I'd have to do that on the kit as well, so it's a wash. So in the end, you're looking at maybe $50 more for a really nice painted scale body, and you don't have to bother with assembly. So the kits are great for a full on build, but if you just want to upgrade to brushless and not fret, the RTR models are still the way to go IMO.

The can is, but I don't think there's too much difference in output shaft length. I could be wrong though, as I haven't looked up specs or compared them side-by-side at the moment of writing this.
Nope just compared.. identical

20220205_215506.jpg

Nope I lied..

Attachments

• 20220205_215728.jpg
    20220205_215728.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 47
Yea.. what u think about tekin!?
It's been a while since I've run one, but I never had any issues. But I haven't had one for at least 4-5 years.

At the $289 price point for the VE i can't see going wrong, though I'm not sure how I feel about the VE being AWD!!
Grihn will probably know, can you make it rear wheel drive by removing the center driveshaft? I'm also planning on getting a Mustang GT body (my first car). An AWD Mustang does seem wrong.

Grihn will probably know, can you make it rear wheel drive by removing the center driveshaft?
Yep. I'd only do that on a brushed model though...I'd imagine it would be uncontrollable RWD brushless.

Im actually building one now. Taking my time since its a kit. Putting a 100a blx esc and castle 3800 kv motor with a 35t pinion. Just filled my shocks..Have a Challenger body sitting around that I've had for years. May get a 3660 3500 motor for it.

Kit is so easy to build may get another for the heck of it.

Im actually building one now. Taking my time since its a kit. Putting a 100a blx esc and castle 3800 kv motor with a 35t pinion. Just filled my shocks..Have a Challenger body sitting around that I've had for years. May get a 3660 3500 motor for it.

I'd highly recommend you get the HD center shaft front and rear cups. I broke one of the plastic ones with a 4000kv motor after a few 3s packs. Make sure you pay attention and get a front and rear, as they're different...the rear has a bearing that presses onto it.

The kit comes with hd center shaft. Ill get the cups.

Let's see it!!🥰

Ok, haven't finished it yet and the body hasn't been painted yet.

I went ahead and bought the brushless MK2 Charger. Really having fun with the car. Bought the receiver with the gyro. Got softer springs and light weight oil for the shocks, and changed out the stock wheels/tires for some Duratrax. It's really planted now through the corners.

kyosho.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back