Kraton Lamp post won

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ph47mf

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
I took it out for a quick car park tarmac run and hit a god damn lamp post totally my fault. It immediately sounded a bit funny, I thought I broke something but it was coming from the motor mount.

I took it apart, cleaned the bearings and tested it without the cover it sounded normal, once I put it back on it sounds like something is stopping it from spinning smoothly. Initial thought is the bearing but it's as smooth as day one.

I noticed there is a little gap underneath the mount so I took it away from the motor and found one of the screws a little bent, it doesn't seem to be the culprit so I put it back in.

Any idea what it might be? It's running but doesn't sound happy.

IMG_20200605_215253.jpg

Yes it's still stuck on the shaft and spins nicely. Does that mount plate looks bent to you guys?

Attachments

• IMG_20200605_223933.jpg
    IMG_20200605_223933.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20200605_223926.jpg
    IMG_20200605_223926.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 31
Yep definitely looked bent. It should all sit flush against the plastic casing. Hammer time ?

Or at least now you have an excuse to get the adjustable one ?

Ouch! Looks tweaked to me. Here’s the last one I messed up. Put it on a flat surface if you really want to see how bad it is. This did not lead to any drive issues. I just happened to catch it. I’ve been wanting to invest in another adjustable mount but they are out everywhere. I’d check your rear diff. The input gear may of shredded a few teeth. You are uk right? Saw this on eBay not sure if it’s avail to you.
5D536BAB-A001-4352-92D7-3B863985FE88.jpeg
FA3C69E2-7505-4C1B-BEBF-C94B77AF67B9.png

Thanks guys, it was a bent plate, it took a fair bit of beating to go flat again, that impact had some force! Taught me a lesson - stay away from lamp posts and kerbs, sometimes fingers and brain just don't sync, I wanted to brake but finger wanted full speed. :LOL:

How the hell nothing else got damaged but just bent plate and screw. :unsure:

Wouldn't it be harder to mesh with these adjustable plate? You know the standard one just works if you screw it in...

You scared me about the rear diff.....Will have to check again, thank you
IMG_20200605_224828.jpg

Sorry! Had a similar issue where I thought all looked good and that was the issue. It ran fine on the bench but once wheels were on the ground that was a different story!

That was my first thought, tweaked motor plate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back