Kraton Laserguide RC "Bulletproof" Arrma Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lifetime warranties are only worth the length of time a company has been in business to date. For instance, if you are buying from a company that has only been in operation for a year, their lifetime warranty IMO is worth 1 year. Same goes for a company that’s been in business for 100 years.

Now, legally speaking, it depends on where you live. In the state of Michigan, lifetime is only 15 years, last I checked. Which states statutes regulate this purchase? The seller’s, buyer’s, or eBay’s location? Who knows?

My point isn’t that this isn’t a good product or a decent value. I’m more trying to point out how I evaluate these types of purchases. In the end a $150 purchase doesn’t need to be scrutinized to this level, but it’s a fun exercise.

Honestly, I’d rather have the hard anodized version. 1/4” is unnecessary overkill and won’t flex as much as the thinner M2C version.
I have read all the info in the M2C website on both chassis they sell and it just says clear anodizing. I would think if they were hard anodizing they would say that. Am I missing something. I am not worried about the non-anodized aluminum. I work in a sheet metal shop and can take care of that.

Have you or anyone you know tried the Laserquide RC chassis?
Lifetime warranties are only worth the length of time a company has been in business to date. For instance, if you are buying from a company that has only been in operation for a year, their lifetime warranty IMO is worth 1 year. Same goes for a company that’s been in business for 100 years.

Now, legally speaking, it depends on where you live. In the state of Michigan, lifetime is only 15 years, last I checked. Which states statutes regulate this purchase? The seller’s, buyer’s, or eBay’s location? Who knows?

My point isn’t that this isn’t a good product or a decent value. I’m more trying to point out how I evaluate these types of purchases. In the end a $150 purchase doesn’t need to be scrutinized to this level, but it’s a fun exercise.

Not really concerned with the warranty, was just pointing it out. 1/4 inch T6 is definitely stronger than 5/32 T6. Looking for someone who has experience with one of the Laserquide RC chassis. Fit and finish. Is the weight too much? Does it affect the handling of the car drastically in a negative way? It is only 88 grams more than the M2C, but 2.35 mm thicker. I am sure the M2C chassis is sweet, heard great things about them. Just figured this would be the place to ask about the competitor chassis. Someone has to have tried one.

Also, that is only partly true. I have a ton of Craftsman tools because they were made in the USA with a lifetime warranty and now when you trade in a tool you get a made in China replacement and you can see the cheapness in the new tools, wrenches are thicker because the metal is weaker, etc. But I do get your point, if the company is gone so is the warranty. Or you can buy Harbor Freight tools and return them everytime you use them, lifetime warranty, but a waste of time.

Last edited:
I have read all the info in the M2C website on both chassis they sell and it just says clear anodizing. I would think if they were hard anodizing they would say that. Am I missing something. I am not worried about the non-anodized aluminum. I work in a sheet metal shop and can take care of that.

Not really concerned with the warranty, was just pointing it out. 1/4 inch T6 is definitely stronger than 5/32 T6. Looking for someone who has experience with one of the Laserquide RC chassis. Fit and finish. Is the weight too much? Does it affect the handling of the car drastically in a negative way? It is only 88 grams more than the M2C, but 2.35 mm thicker. I am sure the M2C chassis is sweet, heard great things about them. Just figured this would be the place to ask about the competitor chassis. Someone has to have tried one.

Hmm, not sure, I thought he was hard anodozing them. I haven’t used the Laserquide chassis.

If you do end up getting it please post a review. I have been thinking of the just bash it chassis. I read somewhere the m2c flexes and I don't want that.

At this point I am torn between the JBI and M2c Chassis. Was hoping for feedback on this one, but it doesn't look too refined and for the money, the other two look like a better deal. Time to do some more reading

At this point I am torn between the JBI and M2c Chassis. Was hoping for feedback on this one, but it doesn't look too refined and for the money, the other two look like a better deal. Time to do some more reading

I agree. I think a garnet blast finish would look better than the tool marks that are on it and it would knock the edge off those corners too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back