Let's see those crawlers and trail runners!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool!!! Looking great man! (y)

O, look what FedEx just dropped off..... Xmas gift for me!! I'll drool over the box for a little before putting it away for Christmas. 😁 ✌️ 🎅
20221127_093806.jpg

Well, I’m through Page 1… 24 pages to go.

I just bought an Element Gatekeeper and have begun learning to crawl…

Two trips over the rocks has me ordering a HobbyWing Fusion Pro 2300 and dumping the Reedy brushed ESC and motor setup.

Well, I’m through Page 1… 24 pages to go.

I just bought an Element Gatekeeper and have begun learning to crawl…

Two trips over the rocks has me ordering a HobbyWing Fusion Pro 2300 and dumping the Reedy brushed ESC and motor setup.
Nice choice, the gatekeeper was on my short list before i picked up my first 1/10 crawler as well. Enjoy!

I'm going to ask the silliest of questions, What color is that.??

Traxxas just calls it green. On-line it looks like a forest green. It's not.

Its cool, though. Inside it looks more blue. Outside it looks more green. If that makes sense. Lol.

Traxxas just calls it green. On-line it looks like a forest green. It's not.

Its cool, though. Inside it looks more blue. Outside it looks more green. If that makes sense. Lol.
Wow..!! I did think it was the green one, all the Traxxass promo photos make it look way more green though..;):ROFLMAO:

Looks like over in the UK we're getting shafted again with price and release date, thanks Traxxass..🤬:(

Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 13.39.51.png

A work in progress shot of my trx4
Just getting the creeper body ready for paint, did a silver/black/orange blend on the inside, my son wants orange for the outside. Also, raised the fender flares about 3/8 of an inch for tire clearance. doing a tilt forward/magnetic body mounting, no clips.

E5AF1980-267D-4DFC-92D2-6D22C1BAECD1.jpeg

All of the promo photos are over saturated. It is what it is.

Sorry you're getting shafted. We are too. The worst roll out of a new product I've ever seen. Their intentions were good. Give the LHS first dibs. Instead of on-lne scalpers and kit breakers. But, they didn't have the inventory.

My LHS had 30 people on a reserve list. They ordered 60. Received 16. My son and I were 8 and 9. Ordered a lot of the hop-ups too. NO BATTERIES. NONE. Who doesn't want an extra battery? I got the only set of brass wheel weights and chrome bead locks. My son got the only set of blue bead locks. We both got one of the six trailers that showed up.

Go to their website. Most everything is out of stock or pre-order and ships mid December. And some now say January. But, the social media "influencers" got every single part. What a world.

My LHS had about twenty TRX4m's and trailers but no other parts. I really wanted the lower gears and light kit. It will come, just disappointed they weren't available at roll out.

The promo pics show a gunmetal grey, kind of metallic color but mine it just a lighter grey no metallic. Still a decent color but not at all what I thought I was getting.

I really like the Defender quite a bit, but think performance wise the FMS FCX24 is a better micro straight from the box.

My LHS had about twenty TRX4m's and trailers but no other parts. I really wanted the lower gears and light kit. It will come, just disappointed they weren't available at roll out.

It's just sad that a multi-million dollar company can't get it right. Managed to snag a set of lower gears before they disappeared. Light kit has to wait.

The promo pics show a gunmetal grey, kind of metallic color but mine it just a lighter grey no metallic. Still a decent color but not at all what I thought I was getting.

Yep. My buddy was #10. The grey is not what he or the rest of us imagined. Still cool.

I really like the Defender quite a bit, but think performance wise the FMS FCX24 is a better micro straight from the box.

Won't disagree with you. With a few mods it does quite well. But...others do better.

I'm having fun. Hope others are too. It's only money, and you can't take it with you. Lol.

Last edited:
Won't disagree with you. With a few mods it does quite well. But...others do better.

I'm having fun. Hope others are too. It's only money, and you can't take it with you. Lol.

I've been trying out all of the different brands of mini crawlers lately. Will post a couple of new ones soon.

I’ve been eyeing that TRX 4 blazer. Still deciding though if I want something more comp, but I’m gonna be getting a good deal on Traxxas in near future :)

Threads been a bit quiet lately, so here’s another WIP shot of my trx4. don't mind all the colourful 3d prints, just using ends of rolls of filament untill i get everthing dialed. Once sorted it'll all be printed out of either carbon fiber petg or carbon fiber nylon depending on the piece. Still working on the rollbar, bed floor, battery box, tailgate. And bumpers.
Also, never tried a painjob like this before, didnt turn out anything like what i was going for. But a learning experience none the less!
Obviously the wiring is a mess right now too. Running HW1080, holmes crawlmaster sport 550 13t, 2 speed trans, jx1181mg for shift, cheap direct power 50kg servo off aliexpress for steering. PL krawlers (predator), on de-anodized amazon beadlocks.

0DADD7F2-95DE-40EB-B5EE-9E92050D7614.jpeg

D5EFEC70-225B-433F-81B6-EBD4F7AE93E6.jpeg

Went out to play today, it was 42°F was wearing shorts and t-shirt but after about an hour my fingers said it was time to go.

Mount Doom is a large dirt pile that is leftover from construction near a local church, it's been there for more than a year now and is a challenge to make it to the top. It has a thin crust with loose powder underneath. It doesn't take much the break the crust. I was hoping last weeks rain would pack it down a little but no joy.

First up was my 1/10 scale Element Ecto, in hind sight I probably should have run my 1/18 rigs first before the crust got chewed up by the Ecto.

The Ecto was throwing up some impressive roosters but couldn't get a pic and drive at the same time.
PSX_20221218_154757.jpg

Another shot for scale
PSX_20221218_155058.jpg

I ran a couple of 1/18 rigs but only got pics of the Traxxas Trx-4m
PSX_20221218_155605.jpg

And again for scale
PSX_20221218_155218.jpg

Back