Limitless - 130 MPH goal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuffRiki

“If you’re not first, you’re last!”
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
Greetings Arrma!

I am new to the hobby but I have no turning back. So far I have bought the granite and the infraction but now I want more and more speed.
I will be buying the limitless in a few days. I need your recommendation on what to put I
In the thing to achieve my 130 MPH goal.
Help!

20210608_182140_08.jpg

I built these side skirts myself with a $12 piece of aluminum from Lowe's you could probably put Velcro on them to the Shell to keep air from getting under it
They are 2 in wide and it pretty much fits perfect under the shell to the edge
16236786782692154439264098238753.jpg

You will absolutely need the Castle XLX2 or MMX8s for the ESC. The rest is personal choice.

Some light reading for you....

Radio selection:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/radio-for-speedruns-and-noble-nb4-discussions.33883/

Castle Data logs:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-runners-reading-castle-data-logs-and-esc-settings.37182/

Member setups/ speed runs/ and general speed discussion
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-runners-how-fast-did-you-go-today.24467/page-81#post-550440
Excellent! This is exactly the kind of info I’m looking. I’ve been watching a tonne of videos and I just want to take my time and get this build right. We all know this stuff is not cheap so there is little room for error.
So based on these videos I’m seeing that the xlx2 is a harder fit than the MMX8s but I’m just concerned with which is better bang for the buck, durable too. I’ll make it fit just like everybody else.

please advise on this and the appropriate motor as well. Do I get an esc and motor combo?

Excellent! This is exactly the kind of info I’m looking. I’ve been watching a tonne of videos and I just want to take my time and get this build right. We all know this stuff is not cheap so there is little room for error.
So based on these videos I’m seeing that the xlx2 is a harder fit than the MMX8s but I’m just concerned with which is better bang for the buck, durable too. I’ll make it fit just like everybody else.

please advise on this and the appropriate motor as well. Do I get an esc and motor combo?
XLX2 is the more capable ESC if the budget allows.
It runs significantly cooler.

With that said many have done 130-150 with the MMX8s

For motors the 1/5 scale motors have significantly more torque and ultimately can go faster / run cooler.
You can go with something like the Castle 2028 that works very seamlessly with the XLX2 (developed / engineered to work great)

If you go that route the Castle 2028 comes in to options. 800kv and 1100kv, you would want the 1100 kv.
Another option would be to go with a TP Power motor, which is good power for the money. I personally have been recommending the TP5660 in the y-wind 1460kv.

I know some people doing 150-174 mph with this motor. No reason it couldn't do 130 very reliably for you.

You can get the Arrma 50 series motor mount part, or get fancy and look at PPS motor mounts for the Arrma cars.

For motors the 1/5 scale motors have significantly more torque and ultimately can go faster / run cooler.
You can go with something like the Castle 2028 that works very seamlessly with the XLX2 (developed / engineered to work great)

If you go that route the Castle 2028 comes in to options. 800kv and 1100kv, you would want the 1100 kv.
Another option would be to go with a TP Power motor, which is good power for the money. I personally have been recommending the TP5660 in the y-wind 1460kv.

I know some people doing 150-174 mph with this motor. No reason it couldn't do 130 very reliably for you.

You can get the Arrma 50 series motor mount part, or get fancy and look at PPS motor mounts for the Arrma cars.
Ok I will go with the XLX2 and the castle 2028 motor, mainly because you are recommending it and also because I am seeing a lot mote info about this setup as opposed to the TP motor.

Please note I am taking these recommendations very seriously as they sound very much informed.
That being said I am setting up a shopping list based on these exchanges.

I’ve seen that some builders have to completely relocate the castle motor in order for it to fit. This is achieved with that upgraded motor mount that flips the motor to the other side of the drive shaft.
Getting this large can to fit seems to be the trickiest. Please speak on this.

Hey guys,

things are slowly getting underway.

I ordered the car along with an esc and motor combo.

I went with the Castle XLX2 and 1100kv motor.

These will arrive in 5 days or so. I will slowly be getting in the other parts in a very informed manner as I’m not rushing this in any way.
I expect this to be a challenging first-time task but I’m excited.

For now my concern is the fitment of the 2 4s batteries on one side of the car as I’ve seen some people with this issue. After fitting the batteries the body then doesn’t fit.

how will I solve this issue?

Please send me a link for the PPS motor mount that will fit the limitless bracket.
I’m seeing it on eBay but it says it for the Outcast, not sure if it’s the same.

Thank you. I read up on it and found that page, ordered it this morning.

I am slowly knocking down the obstacles as best as I can, based on why others have dealt with in the past.

The main issue I anticipate now is fitting the 2 4s 6000 MAH batteries. I haven’t seen a clear way to solve that yet though I’m sure there is a way.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Thank you. I read up on it and found that page, ordered it this morning.

I am slowly knocking down the obstacles as best as I can, based on why others have dealt with in the past.

The main issue I anticipate now is fitting the 2 4s 6000 MAH batteries. I haven’t seen a clear way to solve that yet though I’m sure there is a way.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

I believe most people have been going with a custom battery tray that fits both on one side of the car for the Limitless

Something like this:
1624885104635.png

Ok that’s a good direction to go at this point....

the problem will then become where to locate that large ESC.

I found this ESC mount on eBay, do you think it will fit with the large motor along with your suggested battery setup?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Center-Bra...-/133629816574?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286
Yes that is a good option. It is nearly the same product as shown in the picture I posted about the battery tray. Those were originally designed for the XLX and then re-designed for the XLX2

Ok sounds like I have a heading on this at last...Will be ordering these 2 parts.
Thank you!!

Just as a heads up many of us have bent the long center dog bone. (can hit the motor and ESC doing significant damage)
The best fix for this is an aftermarket solution to make the center spool setup longer and by doing so can use a shorter rear dog bone.

2 big names in that product space is Scorched RC or FlowPacks who sells on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373609570867?hash=item56fcdda233:g:zt4AAOSw3xxgwXgu

Just as a heads up many of us have bent the long center dog bone. (can hit the motor and ESC doing significant damage)
The best fix for this is an aftermarket solution to make the center spool setup longer and by doing so can use a shorter rear dog bone.

2 big names in that product space is Scorched RC or FlowPacks who sells on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373609570867?hash=item56fcdda233:g:zt4AAOSw3xxgwXgu
Yes I’ve also seen some with this problem.
I was initially thinking that I’d get replacements of better than stock quality.

I just viewed your suggestion on YouTube, not seeing a great deal of info. I’d mainly like to know the tooth count on that spool and if it is changeable?

please advise.

thank you.
I was initially thinking that I’d get replacements of better than stock quality.

I just viewed your suggestion on YouTube, not seeing a great deal of info. I’d mainly like to know the tooth count on that spool and if it is changeable?

please advise.

thank you.
*viewed it on ebay*

please advise.

thank you.

*viewed it on ebay*
Most spools allow you to change to a larger or smaller spur gear. I made my own!🤷🏻‍♂️

I look forward to seeing your build!👍🏼

F0FBF510-0A90-4EBE-94D4-A9A7BCFAF4E3.jpeg

https://practicalproto.com/collections/frontpage/products/v4mount?variant=31551902023731

They are always "sold out" but if you order it he typically fills the order within a week or two. At least that was my experience in the past...
Wow, I ordered this morning and received my shipping confirmation just now.

so that’s out the way.

please talk Servos with me.

I was looking at the savox 2290SG-BE, saw someone use this in a YouTube video.

what do you recommend?

Wow, I ordered this morning and received my shipping confirmation just now.

so that’s out the way.

please talk Servos with me.

I was looking at the savox 2290SG-BE, saw someone use this in a YouTube video.

what do you recommend?
This is what I’ve been using recently. 💪🏼 Maybe too much for a street build , but they work great in my bashers! 🤷🏻‍♂️

AGFrc 36KG IP67 Waterproof... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082K8BM3Y?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Back