Limitless - 130 MPH goal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuffRiki

“If you’re not first, you’re last!”
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
Greetings Arrma!

I am new to the hobby but I have no turning back. So far I have bought the granite and the infraction but now I want more and more speed.
I will be buying the limitless in a few days. I need your recommendation on what to put I
In the thing to achieve my 130 MPH goal.
Help!

I like the stickers on top your Packout. I need to get some for mine. AvE offers some awesome ones from his YouTube channel. The channel is worth the watch, too.
Yeah man I have them in an organized chaos all over my tool box.

got a 100 piece set off Amazon for like $7.00

Originally bought them for my hard hat (construction) but I had more than enough to make all my stuff look cool (to me)
image.jpg
image.jpg

If your shooting for big numbers like 150+ any extra wire and connections can make a big difference adding more resistance but if your just starting out it will be ok for now. But yes any extra length or more connections adds resistance to the power flow. Definitely a downside with Castle is the shorter wires but shorter is better so. Have you looked at possibly the T2T brace mount for the XLX2, it puts it in the center which helps.
I am not aiming for those Speeds just yet but eventually of-course.

either way I have been desperately searching for a solution to this problem.

I have looked at a few of those mounts (online) but they don’t seem to fit with the limitless stock body since the ESC is so large.
Please send me the link to one you’re saying will fit.
I’d appreciate that so much.

Last edited:
Hope you have deep pockets, and get ready for surprises, I'm running mm8s 1650 combo, fit right in stock place..gpm tie rods front and rear, takes a lot of slop out, tires balanced..put felony diffs in front and rear..13mm hub extensions..schorched drive shafts little springs in drive cups and rear cups takes slop out..sounds like a Tesla..lol.. got car running so smooth and straight and quiet..and more ..hit 115mph..nfp...on 6s 100c..painted car white so can see it better, so good luck..hw 40mm fan mounted so pulls heat away from motor..

20210701_103237.jpg

Last edited:
Hope you have deep pockets, and get ready for surprises, I'm running mm8s 1650 combo, fit right in stock place..gpm tie rods front and rear, takes a lot of slop out, tires balanced..put felony riffs in front and rear..13mm hub extensions..and more ..hit 115mph..nfp...on 6s 100c..painted car white so can see it better, so good luck..

View attachment 155327
I’m happy for you. My pockets are just as deep as yours🤣🤣

I am already facing and dealing with the surprises. Actually I’m pretty far along on this build already. I just want to finish what I started and help other newbies in the process.
I see no reason why I’m building a xlx2 limitless as if I’m the first to ever do so. Others before me have dealt with the exact same issues. We just need to share the info and share the solutions.
Someone please share the link for the XLX2 mount that will woke our fir the limitless body.

thank you.

Originally bought them for my hard hat (construction) but I had more than enough to make all my stuff look cool (to me) View attachment 155325View attachment 155326

I have looked at a few of those mounts (online) but they don’t seem to fit with the limitless stock body since the ESC is so large.
There's a couple out there here's a couple I found real quick. https://www.ebay.com/itm/233537031693
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154236439325

Ok ok cool cool...I have seen all of these but I doubted that they’d fit with the soda can motor sitting right there next to/under it.
If you say it will fit then I’ll believe you. Bare in mind I’m using the limitless body...

please advise.

Originally bought them for my hard hat (construction) but I had more than enough to make all my stuff look cool (to me) View attachment 155325View attachment 155326

Also here is a rediculasly powerful fan that I run it is 25k RPM at 12v/3s sounds like a jet. https://www.ebay.com/itm/184700743486
Here's a short video I did to show how crazy powerful it is👍

Ok ok cool cool...I have seen all of these but I doubted that they’d fit with the soda can motor sitting right there next to/under it.
If you say it will fit then I’ll believe you. Bare in mind I’m using the limitless body...

please advise.
Don't quote me if it will fit with the 2028 but does say will mount the XLX2 to it. Like I said I don't have the XLX2 combo yet so ii personally don't know but it's worth a shot IMO.

Ya that's what I said!! I could not believe the power it puts out so had to make a video to show as it is insane! And $25 aluminum cased can't beat that. Saves a butt load over buying like game changers or other brands that probably run a similar fan maybe not even as powerful.

Ya that's what I said!! I could not believe the power it puts out so had to make a video to show as it is insane! And $25 aluminum cased can't beat that. Saves a butt load over buying like game changers or other brands that probably run a similar fan maybe not even as powerful.
I have tried quite a few fans and I have NEVER seen anything like what you just showed us. I will be picking up this one of course
Don't quote me if it will fit with the 2028 but does say will mount the XLX2 to it. Like I said I don't have the XLX2 combo yet so ii personally don't know but it's worth a shot IMO.
Okay but the ones you posted up just now, do you know if those will fit xlx2 and limitless body?

I have tried quite a few fans and I have NEVER seen anything like what you just showed us. I will be picking up this one of course
Ya I was blown away, pun intended😂, by the power it puts out it absolutely screams! I run one on my Limitless with 3s pack and also put one on my Noto just to reciever for 6v and it still is enough power to cool my motor down.

Okay but the ones you posted up just now, do you know if those will fit xlx2 and limitless body?
I can't say for sure as I don't have one to verify but is advertised for Limitless so I'd assume so. To me looks like it would fit under the body but I can't say 100% as I don't have one to know. I'd order one personally and if it didn't fit return it for full refund do to false advertising if it didn't fit.

Last edited:

Just a quick question. How much experience do you have at R/C? If you're a beginner, you had better start off with a 2 or 3 cell battery. Once that car gets up to speed, one wrong move and you've created a great pile of spare parts.

Just a quick question. How much experience do you have at R/C? If you're a beginner, you had better start off with a 2 or 3 cell battery. Once that car gets up to speed, one wrong move and you've created a great pile of spare parts.
Indeed. I don’t have a great deal of experience with speed runs. I own a granite and an infraction which are my only RCs before this limitless.

Please understand my objective here is not 150MPH. As a matter of fact I don’t intend to hit 130MPH, maybe ever. I just want to build this car and sit and look at it. I love tinkering with the cars man, it’s that simple, I just want to do it. My other cars are still in excellent condition because they have such few miles on them.
I may never run more than 6s. That being said I am doing this as a one n done, I want it to have the full capabilities of 8s by just switching the batteries when I’m ready.

Really, I don't think a 2 or 3s pack will hardly move the 2028 and don't believe XLX2 allows less than 3s. I'm sure he's not planning to go balls out on 8s first run out and will like all of us that started slowly work up to higher speeds. No offense but shouldn't assume because someone doesn't have a lot of experience they are going to destroy their rig. I just started speed running 6 months ago and went from 64mph to 138mph without a single crash. Just recently had my first crash at 126mph but after 6 months of speed runs and only cause I hit a rock I couldn't see. Again no need to assume someone just because they have little experience is going to crash or destroy their rig.

Really, I don't think a 2 or 3s pack will hardly move the 2028 and don't believe XLX2 allows less than 3s. I'm sure he's not planning to go balls out on 8s first run out and will like all of us that started slowly work up to higher speeds. No offense but shouldn't assume because someone doesn't have a lot of experience they are going to destroy their rig. I just started speed running 6 months ago and went from 64mph to 138mph without a single crash. Just recently had my first crash at 126mph but after 6 months of speed runs and only cause I hit a rock I couldn't see. Again no need to assume someone just because they have little experience is going to crash or destroy their rig.
Thank you! These builds cost lots of money, hard earned. If you review this thread you will see how thorough I am being, to take every possible step to preserve my investment, asking all kinds of questions.
But really though 2s, 3s?? Maybe my man wanted this whole thing to seem much harder than it actually is 🤣

Hope you have deep pockets, and get ready for surprises, I'm running mm8s 1650 combo, fit right in stock place..gpm tie rods front and rear, takes a lot of slop out, tires balanced..put felony diffs in front and rear..13mm hub extensions..schorched drive shafts little springs in drive cups and rear cups takes slop out..sounds like a Tesla..lol.. got car running so smooth and straight and quiet..and more ..hit 115mph..nfp...on 6s 100c..painted car white so can see it better, so good luck..hw 40mm fan mounted so pulls heat away from motor..

View attachment 155327
Be aware that one if the biggest components to drag is cross sectional area. Look at the car from directly in front of the nose, the more space it takes up, the more drag. Hub extensions are increasing that front profile by quite a bit, 13mmx100mm x2. 2600sqmm is about the same as a 2"x2" drag chute. Try pulling the hub extensions and seeing if you gain a few mph.

Thank you! These builds cost lots of money, hard earned. If you review this thread you will see how thorough I am being, to take every possible step to preserve my investment, asking all kinds of questions.
But really though 2s, 3s?? Maybe my man wanted this whole thing to seem much harder than it actually is 🤣
I think he just assumed your going to try and jump right into 100+mph speed runs solely based off of your setup. Just cause you have an amazing setup that is capable of up to 170mph doesn't mean your going to start and go balls out. Keep doing you bro and when your ready ask for some tips for driving to help keep it on the road but in all reality it's not rocket science as some try to make it seem.

I think he just assumed your going to try and jump right into 100+mph speed runs solely based off of your setup. Just cause you have an amazing setup that is capable of up to 170mph doesn't mean your going to start and go balls out. Keep doing you bro and when your ready ask for some tips for driving to help keep it on the road but in all reality it's not rocket science as some try to make it seem.
Nah, it absolutely is rocket science, but rocket science isn't as hard as people make it out to be when you boil it down to the more basic components. Even just basic aerodynamics, like the upper arm shrink wrap, or proper rake settings.

Thank you.
Nah, it absolutely is rocket science, but rocket science isn't as hard as people make it out to be when you boil it down to the more basic components. Even just basic aerodynamics, like the upper arm shrink wrap, or proper rake settings.
We have to just share the knowledge cuz more n more ppl are getting into this and the questions n concerns will remain the same.

a while back I saw a guy running an RC in the park and it was like my first time knowing that an RC could be so fast (and now I realize he wasn’t doing any kind of speed, maybe 25-30 MPH). I was instantly smitten, the very next day I owned a Granite And right now I’m building a Limitless. My infraction is still sitting pretty too.

Last edited:
Back