Felony limitless spool in a felony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john 8s

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
Will a limitlees spool fit in a felony?Im looking for some more gearing options. Right now i am running a 40t pinion with the stock spur gear.

Thanks for the info,that will be my next gearing change.

One thing to keep in mind is what the spool does. It normalizes the wheel speed relationship front/rear. On a Felony I see the potential for this upsetting the handling (not necessarily mind you, just the potential) because it has different sized wheels front/rear (which is why you have different input & ring gears in the two diffs). Because the tires have different sizes they will balloon at different rates which results in different ground speeds front/rear. This further complicates things because the wheel speed delta will be low at low speeds and higher at higher speeds which, to my mind is, at least partially, responsible for the more unpredictable handling characteristics people report about when compared with the Infraction. This is also why it is generally recommended to run same sized wheels on all four corners for speed running.

I don't have a Felony so I've never tried it myself, this is just speculation on my part so take it with a pinch of salt. But, with my limited understanding of physics, this seems like it could very likely cause an "overdrive" effect to your rear end. While this could be a desirable effect for some use cases, it could also be detrimental to others. Just a thought.

Calculating the speeds using the factory gearing there's over a 7 MPH variance between the front and rear tires. The gearing can easily be corrected to allow the Felony to run a center spool and potentially a rear locker for bashing. This cheap and easy mod will make the car handle better, while helping tire and differential wear. Please check out my video for more!
To fix the gearing, just swap the front input gear out with this - GP6
Thank you!
Felony Gearing Fix

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back