Looking for help in selecting the right RC car for me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaster27

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
ArrmaForum Fan
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon TLR
I need help in selecting an RC for me. I have many Traxxas RCs and am looking to upgrade, but do not know which model would be good for me.

Welcome to AF! Look into 6s line if you have experience already.
Join Us Mystery Science Theater 3000 GIF by MOODMAN

I need help in selecting an RC for me. I have many Traxxas RCs and am looking to upgrade, but do not know which model would be good for me.

What kind of environment do you drive on?
(On-road, grass fields, skate park, etc)

How do you like to drive?
Precision, Bash, or Trash

How much power do you want to start?
2S, 3S, 4S, 6S , 8S or more

☝️ What @Tex Koder said. All things considered, it’s really tough not to recommend the 6s Arrma of your choice. At that point you’re getting much more durable component construction and leaving plastic chassis RC‘s behind you.
If you like the SCT experience then a Mojave will put a smile on your face all day long. For general bashing I think most here would probably recommend a Kraton as a great all around basher. I don’t have one, but if I had to pick just one out of my stable it would be a Typhon. Put street tires on them for on road fun, truggify them, or leave it bone stock and enjoy it all. If you want a totally bananas stunt truck to send off jumps and wheelie everywhere then an Outcast or Notorious would fit the bill.
Welcome to the forum!

Buy all of them.

But in all seriousness, it would help to know your budget too. I wouldn't recommend the RC car that you can't buy.

Yes.
Let us know a realistic budget range that would helps too.

Last edited:
6s line is the way to go if you have the budget.

Typhon 6s - nimble and fast, best handling of the bunch but worst ground clearance for rough terrain or high grass.
Kraton 6s - often referred to as the swiss arm knife. It can jump and flip but also due to longer wheelbase has some better stability at high speeds. Taller tires help with rough terrain and high grass.
Talion 6s - debated as the favorite of many with similar qualities of the Kraton and a pinch of Typhon in there too.
Notorious/Outcast 6s - Stunt truck sums it up well. Great for flips/jumps and rough terrain/high grass. Harder to drive on full power and loves to wheelie.

I don't have much experience with these 2:
Fire Team - said to be heavy, but people seem to love them
Mojave - more of a scaled SCT experience. People love the way it drives, but probably not the best option for big stunts.

What kind of environment do you drive on?
(On-road, grass fields, skate park, etc)

How do you like to drive?
Precision, Bash, or Trash

How much power do you want to start?
2S, 3S, 4S, 6S , 8S or more
6s for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back