Losi LMT Big Foot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt05

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
New build time. Always loved the LMT platform, so when they had a sale last winter I grabbed a son of a digger or whatever it’s called. Been slowly gathering parts and doing other things, but I want to rip this a few times this year so it’s time to build it. No pictures with the original body, because everyone knows what they look like.

Build list:

Son of a digger
Jconcepts 2020 Ford Raptor Big Foot body
Castle mmx6s
Castle 2200kv
9imod 45kg servo
Treal 25t servo horn/saver
Treal servo mount
Losi Mega upper/lower links
Losi Mega driveshafts
Losi 107mm limit straps
Bowhouse low cg battery tray
Bowhouse low cg electronics tray
Losi LMT black cage parts

The lot
1F57E748-6377-4B6A-A0FA-20D6053040FE.jpeg

All the unneeded/unwanted parts removed
200CCD2F-4B3C-4272-B94F-755C85E11E9A.jpeg

Undecided yet what I’m gonna run for a tx/rx. At some point, probably over the winter, I want to convert it to 4ws, so depending on what will work/what will work better it will either be my dumbo or radiolink rc6gs.

Well, might be in the running for the quickest build thread, cause it’s pretty much done!

Wheelbase extended
C00B8C7C-7F9F-4FA4-96AC-A916CC0B3D0B.jpeg

Servo installed
1F8A80C6-FC84-404C-A26B-7CB5BCD4B615.jpeg

Low cg battery tray and electronics tray installed along with the castle mmx6s/2200kv combo. Still rocking the 14T pinion, but I will probably order a 12 and 13 to try as well. Only planning to run 3s.
0EDE803A-2F78-4E5B-AB48-4E9693697A7B.jpeg

I plugged a dumbo x6 receiver in and it will control two servos quite nicely, so that’s what I’m going to run with. Still need to get that permanently mounted and the receiver box closed up. Other than that I need to install the lower cage/hoop deals and the limit straps and I think it’s ready to go wreck some stuff.

That looks so much better with the extended wheel base (y) The short wheel base has always been one of my hesitancies with the LMT. I think the LWB gives it much more of a realistic look.

That thing is awesome!! Nice work, as always!! Perhaps we should call you Bob? As in Bob the builder!!😉🍻😎👌
I agree, the long wheelbase really sets it off!! Looks amazing.

That looks so much better with the extended wheel base (y) The short wheel base has always been one of my hesitancies with the LMT. I think the LWB gives it much more of a realistic look.
the lmt was made with a short wheelbase to look and drive like Dennis Anderson's favorite digger trucks 3 and 7. he got the reputation of driving on the edge in those short trucks. 👍👌👏😆
1693091619803.jpg

the lmt was made with a short wheelbase to look and drive like Dennis Anderson's favorite digger trucks 3 and 7. he got the reputation of driving on the edge in those short trucks. 👍👌👏😆View attachment 319218
I think part of the driving on the edge was before the monster jam regulations were increased. Like when they didn't have the remote kill switches to kill power when the truck lands upside down. Much like group B rally was so epic until more regs were introduced to increase safety.

I always thought that based on color scheme, the LMT was modeled after the latest gen of trucks. Especially considering the son-uva digger wasn't around for that older gen you were referring to.

Most of the newer monster jam trucks have the longer wheel base. I definitely prefer that look. (Personally I think max-d wears it the best!)
Screenshot_20230826-183559_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230826-184057_Chrome.jpg

I'm sure swb makes for better stunting, I prefer lwb in my bashers. Not sure about the LMT. Haven't experienced one. I always liked Tom Meents personality over the Anderson's even though the Grave Digger trucks have had more success. Meents is just more my kinda guy.

Swapped over to the bigger mmx6s with a 2650kv (I originally ordered and installed the smaller one) with the stock 14T pinion and took it out ripping last weekend.

Very happy with the power, it doesn’t seem uncontrollably over powered which gives it a little more scale driving experience. I bashed it pretty hard and besides the front of the chassis causing some damage to the body and this coming loose, there is no damage to report.

0BFA622B-DE7B-4EAD-A289-17D71C0C65CB.jpeg

If you didn’t notice, I still need to figure out a switch mount.

A03231E1-B65A-4E9A-BC9F-17E3EC303893.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back