Losi owners...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon NC RC

Keep it fun......SEND IT
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
Just asking for input from those who own Losi products......

have looked at the Lasernut......(what a name)
and the SBR 2.0 ...... the new 35 inch long $900 unit
super rock Rey.....a little bit, least fave of those listed, but still....
TT pro short course for $429......

I know all RC’s have strong points and weak.....
I do not intend to ‘send it’ to the moon....no 40 foot launches......
but I won’t baby it, either....will be on dirt, gravel, some rock less than the size of a child’s fist

Any constructive feedback, strengths as well as weaknesses is appreciated......

and comparisons to Senton v3 and Mojave is appreciated

I have the DBXL-E , it is a well designed / engineered platform , handles great , fast , very durable . Have a SCTE 3.0 that I race with , again well engineered race vehicle ( the DB Pro and TT are based off of it for bashers ) so I can tell without owning one of those they would drive great ! Have the Mojave to , awesome truck , many have said it is Arrmas best " out of the box " , fastest / durable .
I don't care for the looks of the Lasernut , ..... with that said my next rig is gonna be the SBR 2.0

TT pro is a beast one of my favorites. Stock and after I got a hold of it?
75A64900-F7CA-4F15-96C0-B5CBCFE03D99.jpeg
AE29D5B0-AEB8-49B3-BEC1-79799BC4FA54.jpeg

So I had a DBXL-E also, agree it is very well made, and I had no problems with it. I also have an 8ight XT/E, also very well made. I really like the Super Rock Rey, looked at it hard for some time, still do, If I didn’t have the K8S, I’d definitely get the SRR, they just seem similar, at least in how I use them, and so I’ve managed to hold off? The SBR 2 looks really nice, I would not hesitate to buy one. I think in general the Arrmas are a little better if you are sending it, but as you said that’s not your style, and I feel like Losi and Arrma are both well engineered trucks. I’d probably go with the Losi, but that’s just an aesthetic thing, I just like the yellow SBR 2?‍♂️

I love Db pro. The firma system is real nice. W the dx5e all telemetry info avail in real time. I’m not sure bout the senton 3s but I also have a mojave and there’s no comparison. The Mojave is an animal. The 6s senton is also an animal and no comparison to it. I’d whoop my buddy’s w their traxxas slash and rustles velinon all day. Lol. The losi is my baby so I don’t even send it but have no problem hitting the track or grass or dirt or gravel. It’s a blast to whip around. I did upgrade the steering servo and added 12-17mm hub adapters.
B486B92F-62DE-4053-B0E1-9826B4897EED.jpeg
5FE12A4F-0C40-4C10-B225-E43A6CBF395F.jpeg
77CCAA23-2888-496D-A506-A748DF501DF7.jpeg
D74B4002-B66E-41E7-9387-9D84EF98E1CC.jpeg
9C744FF4-4069-4664-B154-DC71FB9219FA.jpeg
32EC226E-8645-470A-87BB-BE0BBF98128C.jpeg
CFFC71F1-FC15-44AD-9D4F-117898671AF2.jpeg

25A4E427-2B9A-4ECB-BAA7-0FDFD50D691F.jpeg

FCF2B759-B38D-497A-B35D-94EADF89A3D8.jpeg

I love Db pro. The firma system is real nice. W the dx5e all telemetry info avail in real time. I’m not sure bout the senton 3s but I also have a mojave and there’s no comparison. The Mojave is an animal. The 6s senton is also an animal and no comparison to it. I’d whoop my buddy’s w their traxxas slash and rustles velinon all day. Lol. The losi is my baby so I don’t even send it but have no problem hitting the track or grass or dirt or gravel. It’s a blast to whip around. I did upgrade the steering servo and added 12-17mm hub adapters. View attachment 106456View attachment 106457View attachment 106458View attachment 106459View attachment 106461View attachment 106460View attachment 106463

View attachment 106462

View attachment 106464
Thank you!
So I had a DBXL-E also, agree it is very well made, and I had no problems with it. I also have an 8ight XT/E, also very well made. I really like the Super Rock Rey, looked at it hard for some time, still do, If I didn’t have the K8S, I’d definitely get the SRR, they just seem similar, at least in how I use them, and so I’ve managed to hold off? The SBR 2 looks really nice, I would not hesitate to buy one. I think in general the Arrmas are a little better if you are sending it, but as you said that’s not your style, and I feel like Losi and Arrma are both well engineered trucks. I’d probably go with the Losi, but that’s just an aesthetic thing, I just like the yellow SBR 2?‍♂️
Thanks!
I have the DBXL-E , it is a well designed / engineered platform , handles great , fast , very durable . Have a SCTE 3.0 that I race with , again well engineered race vehicle ( the DB Pro and TT are based off of it for bashers ) so I can tell without owning one of those they would drive great ! Have the Mojave to , awesome truck , many have said it is Arrmas best " out of the box " , fastest / durable .
I don't care for the looks of the Lasernut , ..... with that said my next rig is gonna be the SBR 2.0
Good info, thank you
I love Db pro. The firma system is real nice. W the dx5e all telemetry info avail in real time. I’m not sure bout the senton 3s but I also have a mojave and there’s no comparison. The Mojave is an animal. The 6s senton is also an animal and no comparison to it. I’d whoop my buddy’s w their traxxas slash and rustles velinon all day. Lol. The losi is my baby so I don’t even send it but have no problem hitting the track or grass or dirt or gravel. It’s a blast to whip around. I did upgrade the steering servo and added 12-17mm hub adapters. View attachment 106456View attachment 106457View attachment 106458View attachment 106459View attachment 106461View attachment 106460View attachment 106463

View attachment 106462

View attachment 106464
Your comparison to Mojave was valuable.....thanx!

thank you,sir.......
APPRECIATE the feedback! It helps.....

Last edited:
The SBR 2.0 appears to have plastic drive shafts, correct me if I’m wrong. It’s a nice looking rig but that’s a show stopper for me. The scale artifacts (extinguishers, jacks, disc brakes, etc) are cool but that schit is going to bust off quick me thinks. Body removal is a PITA as well on this rig, but again.....it looks great.
I have a DBXL-E 2.0 and it’s phucking awesome. Super beefy and very utility styled. Body is great but a PITA due to the panel design......

DBXL-E 2.0 here - very cool car! I also have a DB Pro, lots of fun so far! I bumped into a guy the other day with a LaserNut and he's not too happy with the quality and drivetrain. I fell in love with the UDR when it came out .. so I also have an eye on the SBR 2.0

The SBR 2.0 appears to have plastic drive shafts, correct me if I’m wrong. It’s a nice looking rig but that’s a show stopper for me. The scale artifacts (extinguishers, jacks, disc brakes, etc) are cool but that schit is going to bust off quick me thinks. Body removal is a PITA as well on this rig, but again.....it looks great.
I have a DBXL-E 2.0 and it’s phucking awesome. Super beefy and very utility styled. Body is great but a PITA due to the panel design......
The UDR was the first larger scale SC truck, also with plastic 'scale artifacts' - and none have broken off yet. The SBR and UDR (which are competitors) both take a little work to remove the body.

will have to look into the driveshaft ....... that would be an issue......thanx for the heads up......

while I don’t intend to launch 8nto the stratosphere, I’ll look closer at the scale details closer

Forgot about the body removal ..... reminded me of a youtube review.... They mentioned that was the case...it is a factor to consider for me

Hey everyone,this s the stuff I wanted to know........THANX ......keep sending if ya got more........
DBXL-E 2.0 here - very cool car! I also have a DB Pro, lots of fun so far! I bumped into a guy the other day with a LaserNut and he's not too happy with the quality and drivetrain. I fell in love with the UDR when it came out .. so I also have an eye on the SBR 2.0

The UDR was the first larger scale SC truck, also with plastic 'scale artifacts' - and none have broken off yet. The SBR and UDR (which are competitors) both take a little work to remove the body.
Sadly, I have heard of some issues with Lasernut ......drivetrain especially.....

thanx!

The reason I'm going for the SBR 2.0 ( having and happy with the Mojave ) is the SBR looks more scale / real and with the solid rear axle will give the realistic trophy truck driving experience . So far the vids looks like it flies thru the air better than the Mojave .
The UDR looks great to , but to me , overpriced , $100 extra for LED light kit , they get you all different ways !!! I could not bring myself to buy that one!!

Another note.
Losi and Arrma have different views on locktite. Arrma pours it on like syrup, Losi doesn’t know locktite exists....
I jest.......if you buy a Losi, go through it and tighten everything up, Loctite your metal to metal stuff because it’s done minimally out of the box.

cheers,
kev

Another note.
Losi and Arrma have different views on locktite. Arrma pours it on like syrup, Losi doesn’t know locktite exists....
I jest.......if you buy a Losi, go through it and tighten everything up, Loctite your metal to metal stuff because it’s done minimally out of the box.

cheers,
kev
Good to keep in mind

thanks!

The reason I'm going for the SBR 2.0 ( having and happy with the Mojave ) is the SBR looks more scale / real and with the solid rear axle will give the realistic trophy truck driving experience . So far the vids looks like it flies thru the air better than the Mojave .
The UDR looks great to , but to me , overpriced , $100 extra for LED light kit , they get you all different ways !!! I could not bring myself to buy that one!!
The SBR 2 is 899. The UDR is 729 (with lights installed). Not sure where the 'overpriced' comes in? The SBR / UDR are not comparable to the Mojave .. not even in the same ballpark.

View attachment 106462

View attachment 106464
Love this - where'd the panels / rear lights come from? Do hoons fit it - or did you need an adapter? I'm assuming this is not a stock motor / ESC?

The SBR 2 is 899. The UDR is 729 (with lights installed). Not sure where the 'overpriced' comes in? The SBR / UDR are not comparable to the Mojave .. not even in the same ballpark.
Thanx, Tigger.... having several options to choose from prompts me to ask for input like this....

There is much to consider in these choices....were I wanting to launch a modified to the hilt Mojave EXB with 8S into the stratosphere, then Arrma would be, from what Ive sensed, a front runner.

However, I don't foresee launching as high as it can fly in my future, more like driving as seen in Losi videos for said vehicles.... they are a possible choice.

This is NOT a rant at you, BYW, but an explanation of where Im coming from ......

From your comment, I take it you are a Mojave fan? Why do you say not evening the same ballpark? Explaining (those kind of details) is what I need to make an informed decision when it comes time to buy

THANX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx, Tigger.... having several options to choose from prompts me to ask for input like this....

There is much to consider in these choices....were I wanting to launch a modified to the hilt Mojave EXB with 8S into the stratosphere, then Arrma would be, from what Ive sensed, a front runner.

However, I don't foresee launching as high as it can fly in my future, more like driving as seen in Losi videos for said vehicles.... they are a possible choice.

This is NOT a rant at you, BYW, but an explanation of where Im coming from ......

From your comment, I take it you are a Mojave fan? Why do you say not evening the same ballpark? Explaining (those kind of details) is what I need to make an informed decision when it comes time to buy

THANX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't have a Mojave (I do have a UDR) .. but a quick look at the setups will show you that they're not the same. The Mojave is .. for lack of a better term .. an off road Infraction. It is a 4 wheel independent suspension with a body on chassis, no frame. The SBR / UDR are independent front suspension with a rear solid axle - and body panels on a full frame on a chassis. You can have a 4 wheel independent suspension SC truck, but I think you would see a full frame and body paneling, much like the SBR / UDR.

To get to the innards on the Mojave, you pull the clips, pull the body and you're there. To get to the innards on the SBR / UDR, you have to disassemble the bottom plate or take the frame apart.

I don't have a Mojave (I do have a UDR) .. but a quick look at the setups will show you that they're not the same. The Mojave is .. for lack of a better term .. an off road Infraction. It is a 4 wheel independent suspension with a body on chassis, no frame. The SBR / UDR are independent front suspension with a rear solid axle - and body panels on a full frame on a chassis. You can have a 4 wheel independent suspension SC truck, but I think you would see a full frame and body paneling, much like the SBR / UDR.

To get to the innards on the Mojave, you pull the clips, pull the body and you're there. To get to the innards on the SBR / UDR, you have to disassemble the bottom plate or take the frame apart.
Thank you, sir....... that DOES help......
Love this - where'd the panels / rear lights come from? Do hoons fit it - or did you need an adapter? I'm assuming this is not a stock motor / ESC?
yeah, Id like to know that as well......

I got the cf body panels off eBay. I believe they came from Brazil. Took a while to get to me but nice thick quality cf and everything fit perfectly. Had to drill hole for wing. The cf body came w rear lights. Everything bone stock. Yea I got the hot racing 12-17 hub adapters. I like the 17mm wheel options better. Got the speed pinion in and always run on 3s.
Oh and tbones sct front bumper.

Just checked the UDR is $759 , and even though they show it in their ad with the lights , I could swear they don't come with them and is an extra , which is in their " learn more " and shows the LED for $160 . Maybe I'm wrong , but if they suggest that and you receive it thinking it has lights , and it doesn't , that's bad !!!!
FWIW , I actually think the UDR would be more fun to drive vs. the Mojave because of that realistic reaction you get from the solid rear axle , hence , sliding it around where the Mojave does , but not as controlled . You can see what I mean by watching any video of the UDR / Baja Re 1/10 , and the SBR 2.0 .

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back