Lovestrickens new body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to me. I want to learn and @Mr.Duke has a great tutorial up too. I think I have the container that will work for the size. I'd like to try too and all insight is very helpful.

thanks buddy, appriciated.. for sure any large container will work.. simple rubbermaid stuff...i did so much of it years ago that i built a tank out of a 150 gallon horse water container, big fish tank heaters, salt water fish tank filter/pump, and some stainless baffles my buddy made up for me.. it served me well, it still lingers in my shop just incase... hydrographics can be frustrating, and gratifying all in one swoop.. there are alot of variables against you with every dip.. always order extra film...lol..

one thing i learned over the years is always do a dry run into the water when the geometry allows it... its important to learn and watch how water flows over a particular part, seeing where air can be trapped before hand can be very helpful with coming up with a planned approach..

@Lovestricken .. Thats such a shame you got an air bubble..??? it would have looked sick otherwise..!!
But all is not lost, it still looks good..!! and as they say, practice makes perfect and Rome wasn't built in a day..???
As long as you learn from your mistakes that's the main thing...
I cant wait to see your next try, I bet you will nail it..????

P.S the sharpie save at the end works well..??

no problem buddy.. no not really like that, i wish...lol.. this takes practice, but i have used this option.. it is possible to under activate the film to let it keep "structure" as you know the complexity of the body shape naturally stretches the pattern.. when its slightly under activated it moves more like a wet towel on the water keeping the pattern together.. there is a super fine line on this though and is a pain to accomplish with good adhesion.. thats as close to a sticky tattoo your gonna get lol... its really something you need to see with your own eyes and very hard to explain..you want the film to start to expand but not completely glass out...

another helpful tip take some 2" masking tape and apply it to the sides toward the bottom fold the tape so it forms a handle on each side.. right before you enter the water pull out on the sides to flap them out.. the deal here is it will enter further out in the pattern allowing more film footprint between the 2 sides.. you will get less stretching into the roof area because there is more material there for it to use...

i hope this all makes sense.. i think im babbling..
I will take any info. You have been a huge help so far. All is very much appreciated. Hoping to do another run today.

Cleaned all the old off and went for a round 2. Much better. There are a few cracks but much better this time.
20200317_203647.jpg
20200317_203707.jpg
20200317_203734.jpg
20200317_203557.jpg

Did you go front end first on the 2nd dip?

I’ve always entered back end first and as it gets to halfway start to rotate the body vertically under the waterline to catch the front part in more of a pushing motion for the last bit. I assume you entered with the roofline horizontally and it took to the front end well.

I’ve always entered back end first and as it gets to halfway start to rotate the body vertically under the waterline to catch the front part in more of a pushing motion for the last bit. I assume you entered with the roofline horizontally and it took to the front end well.
First 1/4 was about 45° last 1\4 was almost vertical pushing down while pulling into the film. The middle was between the 2. I looked for your video but couldn't find it.

Thanks guys. I'm happy with it. The small imperfections look good lmaooooo
Can't wait till it is done to peel the cover off and actually see how bad ass this print is.

Thanks guys. I'm happy with it. The small imperfections look good lmaooooo
Can't wait till it is done to peel the cover off and actually see how bad ass this print is.

Gonna come out just fine! Hard to make a judgement until you fit and send it and even harder to not lose faith before you've finished it. I'll bet after it's said and done you'll be surprised at how nice it turns out.

Gonna come out just fine! Hard to make a judgement until you fit and send it and even harder to not lose faith before you've finished it. I'll bet after it's said and done you'll be surprised at how nice it turns out.
She is a shelf body...... for now. I plan on making another go at this soon. Then she will be the bashing body. I love it already. Can't wait till the surprise is done with her.

Excellent color choice for the backing color. I was thinking after the dip, “man that’s a lot of black in that film, I hope he picks a bright color to bring out the details”.

Nailed it! ?

Excellent color choice for the backing color. I was thinking after the dip, “man that’s a lot of black in that film, I hope he picks a bright color to bring out the details”.

Nailed it! ?
Thank you good sir. I was first thinking red or a dark green. But I do believe white was the choice to make. I now want an air brush so I can further detail something like this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back