Vorteks LWB Vorteks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't over work the shocks at all, other stuff will for sure go bad long before them but not because of LWB. I would say so the lwb and the arms and turn buckles. It will be awesome. But you will lose a bit of the wheelie action, probably not all of it though

That’s good to know. Thank you so much.

What about the body mounts? Was there a need to change them to be able to mount the body or were you able to use the stock body mounts?

Also, do you like it better now after changing out the parts or did you like it better stock? :)

That’s good to know. Thank you so much.

What about the body mounts? Was there a need to change them to be able to mount the body or were you able to use the stock body mounts?

Also, do you like it better now after changing out the parts or did you like it better stock? :)
I explained it above but the stock rear mounts work, you just need to make new holes a little further back on the body. Also you wont want to use the stock wing that is on the body because it will look goofy. You will want to use a typhon 3s wing like I did. I loved it much more after I did this conversion for sure. Looked much better and drove great

You won't over work the shocks at all, other stuff will for sure go bad long before them but not because of LWB. I would say so the lwb and the arms and turn buckles. It will be awesome. But you will lose a bit of the wheelie action, probably not all of it though
If you're gonna swap to a LWB chassis, Typhon arms and turnbuckles, you should have just bought a Big Rock, cause that's exactly what it will be except you will have spent a shitload more money. Don't make sense to me.

If you're gonna swap to a LWB chassis, Typhon arms and turnbuckles, you should have just bought a Big Rock, cause that's exactly what it will be except you will have spent a shitload more money. Don't make sense to me.
I am starting to realize that now.

If I bought a big rock then I would have had to buy the vorteks body, still would have bought the wing either way, vorteks shocks and towers. So either way spend money soooo 🤷🏼‍♂️. Vorteks body is $45 itself so I think my way was better

If I bought a big rock then I would have had to buy the vorteks body, still would have bought the wing either way, vorteks shocks and towers. So either way spend money soooo 🤷🏼‍♂️. Vorteks body is $45 itself so I think my way was better
I disagree, but to each his own. That's what this hobby is all about. It's your money, spend it the way you like.

Ok, if you wanna get technical, to convert a SWB Vorteks to a LWB you will need: Vorteks- $369, LWB chassis- $7.97 @jennys, Typhon arms $12.47 @jennys, turnbuckles- $17.97 @jennys, and longer Typhon drive shafts- $24.79 @jennys totalling $432.20

Or: Big Rock- $339 and a Vorteks body- $39.79 @jennys totalling $378.79

Even if you do the conversion without the drive shafts you are still looking at $414.23

So.....which way makes more sense?

I stick by my earlier statement and still say I disagree with you.

Ok, if you wanna get technical, to convert a SWB Vorteks to a LWB you will need: Vorteks- $369, LWB chassis- $7.97 @jennys, Typhon arms $12.47 @jennys, turnbuckles- $17.97 @jennys, and longer Typhon drive shafts- $24.79 @jennys totalling $432.20

Or: Big Rock- $339 and a Vorteks body- $39.79 @jennys totalling $378.79

Even if you do the conversion without the drive shafts you are still looking at $414.23

So.....which way makes more sense?

I stick by my earlier statement and still say I disagree with you.
Shock towers and and shocks are different on vorteks. But damn bobby you did your research!!!

After giving it a lot of thought, I was able to sell my Vorteks for break even and I purchased a New Typhon 3s. 😄

I really love the way Vorteks Body looks and the purple color too, but unfortunately it won’t fit the Typhon due to the higher front shock towers.

Now I am looking for other body options for my Typhon 3s.

Shock towers and and shocks are different on vorteks. But damn bobby you did your research!!!
For the record buddy , I love the fact that you have gone and done what ever you want . Yes it might have been cheaper but you have had the pleasure of spannering and learning the car as you go and working out which bits you do and don't want .
I'm going throug my new Vorteks Boost and upgraded bits I want as I go .
Bravo buddy . And now I want a LWB Vorteks lol 🤣

For the record buddy , I love the fact that you have gone and done what ever you want . Yes it might have been cheaper but you have had the pleasure of spannering and learning the car as you go and working out which bits you do and don't want .
I'm going throug my new Vorteks Boost and upgraded bits I want as I go .
Bravo buddy . And now I want a LWB Vorteks lol 🤣
I want to buy the vorteks boost body just to sit it on my shelf. That damn red they put on it is outstanding!!! I saw it in person the other day and was shocked. But yeah part of the hobby is just putting these things exactly how you want them so 🤷🏼‍♂️

I want to buy the vorteks boost body just to sit it on my shelf. That damn red they put on it is outstanding!!! I saw it in person the other day and was shocked. But yeah part of the hobby is just putting these things exactly how you want them so 🤷🏼‍♂️
This is mine buddy it's still on 2wd mind just waiting on Arrma to release the boost pack for it .
It's got rpm Typhon arms on the front and turnbuckles, standard Typhon on the rear , upgraded the servo to a 35 kg and surpass 80amp ESC and 3650 3800kv motor . Also upgraded the hexes to GPM 12mm X 7mm metal and proline trenchers mx28 LPs , the Dboogs Katars wore out in less than a month FFS lol 🤣.
Thinking now that a LWB conversion would really make it .

20221004_120654.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back