Vorteks LWB Vorteks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
So I had been wanting a Vorteks and I decided to pull the trigger but I knew I wanted to go LWB with it so I haven't even run the thing yet and it's been swapped to LWB, Typhon A arms, with a Typhon wing. I love the look it's very aggressive and looks like it's going to be a ton of fun. Used the stock body holes on the front and made new holes for the rear. Can't wait to give it a rip!!
8EA70684-E08E-4C1C-B802-A3265175ED53.jpeg
22AA0091-003E-46CF-AA10-AFDB006287C6.jpeg
515CF54E-DB30-4B63-8C49-CF6AD93334F2.jpeg
ECE06E9D-3B55-4992-86B7-EE192103745C.jpeg

Ran it earlier and on pavement that had some dirt on it and stuff it was super fun. Really good slides and control and then take off real quick. But the tires didn't do so good when I went into the grass/dirt area but I had some MX28 at home so I threw those on with hot racing extenders. Looks really sweet in my opinion and I think it'll be really good in the grass/dirt.
AD67FBBF-5A76-4D03-8F6A-07C76C2A2F35.jpeg

Been wanting to wait for that upcoming 4S Outcast update, but might have to throw on a Vortex body onto my Typhon, + MT Wheels instead :love:

Um, excuse me, you mispronounced "3s talion"...
Haha good point!! I like it.
Been wanting to wait for that upcoming 4S Outcast update, but might have to throw on a Vortex body onto my Typhon, + MT Wheels instead :love:
Heck yeah man this body is so sweet. I had to trim the back a bit for it to fit but honestly it almost doesn't even look like I trimmed it so I'm very happy

Can it still chassis slap with all that width? Wondering if the shorter shocks are going to take the abuse instead? Looks cool 👍🏻

Can it still chassis slap with all that width? Wondering if the shorter shocks are going to take the abuse instead? Looks cool 👍🏻
Yessir still slaps good. I had the shocks stock and they were a bit droopy so I put some of the larger spacers in and it's standing nice now but I'll have to see if it's a little too stiff. But thank you 🤘

Yessir still slaps good. I had the shocks stock and they were a bit droopy so I put some of the larger spacers in and it's standing nice now but I'll have to see if it's a little too stiff. But thank you 🤘
As an alternative, you might be able to just use the longer V3 Typhon 3S shocks.

At some point, it's going to end up looking like a Typhon with a Vorteks body on it. The Vorteks shock towers are lower than the rest of the 3s line. So I think you should leave it stock. Otherwise, a person could buy a Typhon for cheaper. I don't see a reason to buy a Vorteks to convert it to a Typhon.

At some point, it's going to end up looking like a Typhon with a Vorteks body on it. The Vorteks shock towers are lower than the rest of the 3s line. So I think you should leave it stock. Otherwise, a person could buy a Typhon for cheaper. I don't see a reason to buy a Vorteks to convert it to a Typhon.
I agree, this is where it is going to stay for sure. I knew I was leaning into Typhon territory but I wanted the vorteks towers, shocks, and of course the body. I liked the look of the body mounted wing but in roll overs I see that possibly becoming an issue with tearing the body and I suppose the wing. I am quite happy with it right now. The last thing I really want to do is throw a 4s system in it then it'll be pretty awesome

The LWB makes alot of sense, it will improve the Vorteks' purpose as a model designed for speed. I agree about not changing the shocks, you'll basically have a Typhon at that point. You will lose some steering sharpness/quickness with the longer Typhon arms and Hot Racing extensions though. The wider you get, the wider it turns. Typhon 17mm hexes, axles could eliminate the need for the Hot Racing extensions.

I have a feeling a LWB Vorteks will do well with 4s. Don't go 6s though, someone posted a video, it looks like a bad idea.

The LWB makes alot of sense, it will improve the Vorteks' purpose as a model designed for speed. I agree about not changing the shocks, you'll basically have a Typhon at that point. You will lose some steering sharpness/quickness with the longer Typhon arms and Hot Racing extensions though. The wider you get, the wider it turns. Typhon 17mm hexes, axles could eliminate the need for the Hot Racing extensions.

I have a feeling a LWB Vorteks will do well with 4s. Don't go 6s though, someone posted a video, it looks like a bad idea.
Yeah that's true I could do the typhon hexes. But I also really enjoy the wide stance so I'm ok with the loss of some turning capabilities for now. But yeah hell no I would never bother with 6s, that's insanity enough in the larger rigs I can't imagine in the super light rigs. I think 4s is going to be killer. Just need to decide on electronics for it

You widened the already widened width of the arms haha Make sense? eh....to me it does :D

I second the idea of getting the Typhon axles and hexes. As well as running on 4s. Go with a HW Max 10 sct 120 amp esc and 2000-2400 kv motor. I'm not sure what the stock motor kv is. I have a 1700 in my typhon and it's a little too low. So I wouldn't go lower than 2000. Upgrade to a metal spur if you plan on running on 4s. And get some stiffer springs and shocks as the stock shocks won't be able to handle the extra weight of a 4s battery.

Update! Remembered I had a spare 6s combo collecting dust so I threw that in there with my 4s battery. Shocks are handling it pretty well honestly. BUT HOOOLY smokes this thing is awesome on 4s. I did ruin the plastic spur before the battery died......but I knew that was coming, just wanted to run it. I have another to throw in and going to order a metal one now. This is awesome. Very happy.

Edit: if you saw my question about the slipper, I found my answer.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back