Kraton M2C Kraton Chassis. Who else ordered one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None here either. It did say in stock when I ordered, but other than a confirmation of order, no other contact

Last edited:
Nope
I assumed "stock" meant on hand and ready to ship like it does everywhere else. I'm starting to think it may be awhile before I take possession

I emailed them last night and they responded today:

gone to pick up anodizing today.
will ship tomorrow.
mitch

M2C RACING

Not thrilled that they took my money without having a finished product but it is what it is. Hopefully everyone has theirs ship tomorrow.

Yea, my email earlier this week said same thing. They were going to get anodized and would ship later this week. Great stuff! Can hardly wait to get it. Will put new bearings and give through diffs when switching chassis.

Guys I use the M2C chassis for my Mugen Race Truggy and they are Legit, my chassis for racing is only 3mm I think and its a beast, this one is 4mm thick and I promise you that you will be amazed at the quality. I did a review video on my Youtube channel for the M2C chassis that is releasing soon (the video is releasing soon).

So now that I've ordered it, and got all excited, my question is: will the stock screws work with the increased thickness of the chassis? 2mm might not seem like much, but the last thing I want is screws getting stripped or stripping hardware because they don't bite enough threads in the hardware they attach to.

So now that I've ordered it, and got all excited, my question is: will the stock screws work with the increased thickness of the chassis? 2mm might not seem like much, but the last thing I want is screws getting stripped or stripping hardware because they don't bite enough threads in the hardware they attach to.

Good question. I honestly don't know.

I don't know... that "just bash it" guy has a pretty mean looking chassis for $165 shipped. Will see how it holds up to Talbot's abuse on his Kraton.

Did you get a tracking number? I couldn't find it in my email.
Nope. I thought it was because I chose the cheapest shipping option. Only free in the US. On the stock screws question, maybe someone should ask Mitch for his opinion and experience.

Got the same email that it's been shipped

No tracking number but I'm only 180 miles away, so I'd expect to see it within the next couple days

The stock screws should all work and sit at the same depth as the stock chassis, it's just a matter of setting the counter sink deeper during the machining process

The stock screws should all work and sit at the same depth as the stock chassis, it's just a matter of setting the counter sink deeper during the machining process

I was going to guess that was the case but I did t want to sound like a peepee, lol. That's good to know.

I was going to guess that was the case but I did t want to sound like a peepee, lol. That's good to know.
I'm guessing as well, but even if that's not the case we're only talking 1mm difference which IMO is negligible and equates to 2 threads (or 2 revolutions) on 3m screws using 0.5 pitch and 1-1/4 threads on 4m screws that use 0.7 pitch. The only screw that would be of any concern to me if this were the case, are the (5) 3m x 8mm screws that go in through the bottom of the battery tray and receiver box. Switching those over to 3m x 10's would make up the for the lost length and at the same time put one more additional mm of length into the plastic. I'll take the trade off either way. When you're this deep into modifications there's almost always going to be a compromise somewhere in the mix. :)

Check your email. If you paid with PayPal you should now have a tracking number.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back