Kraton M2C Kraton Chassis. Who else ordered one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked tracking and I should have it tomorrow! Didn't realize that M2C Racing was only about a half hour from my house! Looks like a fun weekend ahead!

Monday for me. Post some pics when you get it!

I'm guessing as well, but even if that's not the case we're only talking 1mm difference which IMO is negligible and equates to 2 threads (or 2 revolutions) on 3m screws using 0.5 pitch and 1-1/4 threads on 4m screws that use 0.7 pitch. The only screw that would be of any concern to me if this were the case, are the (5) 3m x 8mm screws that go in through the bottom of the battery tray and receiver box. Switching those over to 3m x 10's would make up the for the lost length and at the same time put one more additional mm of length into the plastic. I'll take the trade off either way. When you're this deep into modifications there's almost always going to be a compromise somewhere in the mix. :)
Not that I doubted you in any way, but I thought I'd ask them anyways. Here's their reply:

[email protected] <[email protected]>
To:Johnny

Jan. 26 at 9:50 a.m.

Johnny,
the stock screws will work fine. chassis is only 1 mm thicker and that only 1 thread pitch difference in the length.
mitch

M2C RACING

It appears that USPS is going to disappoint once again (shocker!). Tracking shows expected delivery today, but also “In Transit To Next Facility”. ?

Mine just showed up!
20190128_120947.jpg
20190128_121016.jpg

Any idea what that plastic piece is for?

It's hard to tell from the picture, I think it does, but does this chassis still have the bend at the front for the front axle like the stock chassis?

Yes
15486958790311953695874.jpg

Mine just showed up!
View attachment 28297View attachment 28296

Any idea what that plastic piece is for?
It's for using aftermarket bumpers

From M2C
"this chassis is made to use the stock bumper. We have machined the front down to 3mm to accept the stock bumper. It is a little hard to fit , so if you leave the front bulkhead loose and angle the bumper at about

30 degrees it will slide right in.

Since most of you guys use the T-Bone bumpers, We have added a 1 mm filler plate in the front. so the after market bumpers sits nice and flat."

Got mine too. Looks stout, be a while before I get it together. My Kraton needs some maintenance...

20190128_153429.jpg

Stopping here for today. I'm waiting on a Voltage Hobbies order and I need to solder a blue motor lead back onto the motor (when I say "I" I mean Tyler from Danbury Hobby, lol.)

M2C Outcast chassis showed up today :D

Quality/workmanship are on point, and I'm digging the steel droop screw inserts. Much beefier in the hand compared to the stock chassis and way stiffer.
IMG_8824.JPG
IMG_8825.JPG

IMG_8826.JPG

IMG_8828.JPG

Last edited:
Is anyone going to run something to protect the underneath of the chassis? It's going to pain me to see it all beat up.

So M2C uses stronger aluminum but it's thinner. Gun to your head which do you think would bend first in a massive crash?

both

....It's a massive crash so I gotta get the BFH out either way

what is so great about this chassis? can you run plastic bracing with it? how is the weight compared to stock?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back