Kraton Stuck input gear cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loryriga

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi everyone!

It took a long time for my diff shims to be delivered, so I already had some packs with my new kraton.

Anyway today I got 8*10mm shims in the mail (better late then never) and started disassembling f/r geraboxes to clean all the stuff inside and install shims.
Surprise! The rear input gear cup is stuck on the gear shaft, it's impossible tu pull it out by hand, maybe arrma put so much loctite that it went beteween the shaft and the cup, locking everything togheter? I'd heat the cup to check it out but i fear to damage the composite gearbox, while pushing hard with something on the input gear shaft may damage the bearing by pressing the inner ring.
Did someone went through this before? How did you solved? I wonder if I just have tu use brutal manners and replace what gets damaged.

TIA

Assuming this is a V5 you would neeed to remove the grub screw and plastic cover on the cup. If you end up melting or destroying the plastic cover....no big deal. Does not do much anyway. If the grub screw is not removing use the tip of a soldering iron to heat up the grub and release the loctite. Once the cup is removed just tap out the input gear with a small screwdriver. Not uncommon for heavy loctite to be used from Arrma. You will find loctite on the motor mount screws, servo mount (exb), motor mount adjustment screws (the worst one) & wheel hex grubs.

Captureinput.JPG

The pins egg out and mushroom the holes if there’s too much play in the sun gear slot fitment. Don’t be afraid to persuade it out with a punch and small hammer in a fixture/vise.

Last edited:
Just experienced this for the first time this morning. Had to pry the cup away from the housing with a thin screwdriver. Pry, rotate a little, pry. Repeat.

Thank you everybody for you advices! I finally removed the cup with the help of a flat screwdriver. I "gentle" hammered it on the shaft and the shaft slowly slip out.
Time to rebuild :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back