Maintaining foams.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
So it's finally mud season up here in maine. And we have a marsh out back making it even more muddy. Long story short. I had my fun now my foams are filled with dirty water do I squeeze it out until it's clean water coming out or do I just leave it?

If you mean cleaning foams inside the wheels, not much you can do. If you mean foams removed from bead locks wheels ( Crawlers) you can wash them out and let them completely air dry before installing them. Water/mud that stays inside the wheels make the foams rot and get moldy and boy will they stink.. Real foul. Then they disintegrate into dust with age. You cant clean foams when they are inside a wheel. 🤷‍♂️
Been there. If you running mud, just seal the whole tire as best you can and hold your breath that the foams will last. If using Crawler tires, just don't use foams.
Or use Closed cell foams instead. They don't absorb water like a sponge.

If you mean cleaning foams inside the wheels, not much you can do. If you mean foams removed from bead locks wheels ( Crawlers) you can wash them out and let them completely air dry before installing them. Water/mud that stays inside the wheels make the foams rot and get moldy and boy will they stink.. Real foul. Then they disintegrate into dust with age. You cant clean foams when they are inside a wheel. 🤷‍♂️
Been there. If you running mud, just seal the whole tire as best you can and hold your breath that the foams will last. If using Crawler tires, just don't use foams.
Or use Closed cell foams instead. They don't absorb water like a sponge
It's a crawler. If I take the foams out will they crawl as good?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back