Exabyte tire foams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
  2. Typhon TLR
Hey bashers,
I am running a TLR Typhon with the big gear that came with it. I am trying to run it off road doing some Off-road high speed runs but I can't find tires that will handle it.

The glue came loose and I lost a foam insert for the Exabyte tires I was running at the time. What insert would I use to replace it?

Also what would you recommend for Off-road high speed runs? The Jetko King Cobras came unglued and sent chunks of rubber flying just after 2 57mph runs and a 64mph run. Not impressed. The Exabytes lasted much longer but still came unglued during the last few minutes of the first 6s battery and 2 3s batteries. At least it can be reglued if I can find the correct insert.

So in short what tires and what inserts would you recommend?

Hey bashers,
I am running a TLR Typhon with the big gear that came with it. I am trying to run it off road doing some Off-road high speed runs but I can't find tires that will handle it.

The glue came loose and I lost a foam insert for the Exabyte tires I was running at the time. What insert would I use to replace it?

Also what would you recommend for Off-road high speed runs? The Jetko King Cobras came unglued and sent chunks of rubber flying just after 2 57mph runs and a 64mph run. Not impressed. The Exabytes lasted much longer but still came unglued during the last few minutes of the first 6s battery and 2 3s batteries. At least it can be reglued if I can find the correct insert.

So in short what tires and what inserts would you recommend?
Off-road speed running is definitely a challenging endeavor. I've had good experience just high speed bashing w/ the jetkos. Did you balance them beforehand? Or check the glue bead @ all between runs? Powerhobby also makes belted buggy tires that I really like as well. I know @jondilly1974 was doing some off-road speed testing using the belted talion Katars but haven't seen any results lately 🤷‍♂️

Off-road speed running is definitely a challenging endeavor. I've had good experience just high speed bashing w/ the jetkos. Did you balance them beforehand? Or check the glue bead @ all between runs? Powerhobby also makes belted buggy tires that I really like as well. I know @jondilly1974 was doing some off-road speed testing using the belted talion Katars but haven't seen any results lately 🤷‍♂️
Yes I checked the bead no I didn't check the ballance. Should have known better I ballance my drag tires. I'll add that to my prep list.

Just made the first passes with the Belted Katars yesterday and it was a muddy mess. Tires held up fine but it was too messy to get decent grip.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back