Kraton Maintenance schedules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) Everyone is completely different. These are not scale cars that get an oil change at preset intervals. Different driving dictates. We all drive differently and in different climates and terrain. There is no definitive answer in my opinion. Doing this for 30+ years with many diff brand rigs.
From my exp. my 6S rigs get about 10-15 lipo packs of use before a bearing or 2 fail. I rebuilt my Kraton twice and averaged approx. 10-15 packs in it. When bearings start to fail. Get an upgrade set of sealed bearings and tear it down. Or just replace what bearings or parts failed here and there. But once more than one bearing fails, its safe to say the others are on their way out. Everyone has a diff. philosophy that works for them. The key is to check the rig over after every run. You will see wear and tear develop and you just keep tabs on it. Check for loose screws even when new out of the box. Check that the diffs and shocks are not leaking or the shafts bent etc.
Inspecting all closely is important. If you keep driving and driving and never check things over until it is too late you will need to rebuild more often, you will get burned for sure out in the field at some point. Others may chime in here. Good luck

:) Everyone is completely different. These are not scale cars that get an oil change at preset intervals. Different driving dictates. We all drive differently and in different climates and terrain. There is no definitive answer in my opinion. Doing this for 30+ years with many diff brand rigs.
From my exp. my 6S rigs get about 10-15 lipo packs of use before a bearing or 2 fail. I rebuilt my Kraton twice and averaged approx. 10-15 packs in it. When bearings start to fail. Get an upgrade set of sealed bearings and tear it down. Or just replace what bearings or parts failed here and there. But once more than one bearing fails, its safe to say the others are on their way out. Everyone has a diff. philosophy that works for them. The key is to check the rig over after every run. You will see wear and tear develop and you just keep tabs on it. Check for loose screws even when new out of the box. Check that the diffs and shocks are not leaking or the shafts bent etc.
Inspecting all closely is important. If you keep driving and driving and never check things over until it is too late you will need to rebuild more often, you will get burned for sure out in the field at some point. Others may chime in here. Good luck

thank you for your input, I changed to sealed bearings early on after first 5 packs as well going through the diffs and up grading fluids 30r/100c/60f

In the manual there is a section where they show a lil more in regards of front/center/rear diff and how to remove them, they state on there after about 20 packs/ 5 packs/ Tires they state after each battery pack... Thats what that lightning bolt symbol with a number next to it represents. Tho, as @SrC stated, it also can be each owners decision on when they feel!

Manual, isn't that first thing real men throw out when opening the box LOL

Really just kidding, what I was looking for was the different schedules that others here maybe using. Suggested and what is actually used can be a totally different case, I do a pretty complete inspection of my cars after each outing.

Derp on me! ? ?

Actually a great question as we can all maybe learn some tips and tricks other have learned. Hopefully this thread fills up with tons!

With as much as I drive mine, constantly changing something or adding/removing something, I'm usually on par with the rigs that I don't have an actual schedule. When I do break something and everything is taken apart I'll make sure there isn't more then one replacement part needed. I'll also then clean up everything, reoil if needed, then double check some screws since its apart and its that much easier at the time. I'm one of those that like wrenching on them as much as driving them, so I don't hope for breaks but it won't upset me either! ???

I'm just wondering what every one is doing for a maintenance schedule, such as how many packs run before complete tear down. How long bearings should last between replacements and so on
Hey! How do you know when a bearing is done?

If it is stock. It is gone already. Different ways to check each one. Also depends on what model you are running. It's good to just go threw it every so often and replace them as the are cheap and helps find other issues

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back