Outcast Mamba XLX2 combo for Outcast ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
So my question..

Really really tempted to get the new Mamba xlx2 but not sure what combo to go for 1100kv or 800kv.
I know the 800kv has crazy torque but I fancy some speed too without having to use a giant pinion..!!

I need to get it right because this thing will cost me a fortune in shipping and customs etc..?

Any suggestions..??
Thx??

How much real world difference will there be between the 800kv and 1100kv ??

Run time, torque vs speed, heat ?

Great question. I’d like to know too. To me it’s odd that the kv ratings are so close.
Brandon mentions in one of his vid's that the 1100kv will improve run times ?
I agree with you @Clubin it does seem really weird that the kv's are so close .....

@robert@castle ... I've tagged you into this just on the off chance you could maybe explain it to us..?? ???
Thx

Both the 800kv and 1100kv are the same 2028 sized cans.. the 1100kv will have way more torque than other motors in that KV range, and will be closer gear-wise to what the 1250KV stock motor asked for of the transmission. So no need to run some crazy huge pinion or find a spool gear to replace the larger spur gear.

It will be I think the ideal motor for people wanting the most out of the K8s/O8s rigs.

Brandon mentions in one of his vid's that the 1100kv will improve run times ?
I agree with you @Clubin it does seem really weird that the kv's are so close .....

@robert@castle ... I've tagged you into this just on the off chance you could maybe explain it to us..?? ???
Thx
The way we produced the 1100kv, it has about 75% of the resistance of the 800kv so if you are putting the same power through the motor less power will be lost to heat. The peak power output of the 1100kv is slightly higher because of this lower resistance.
To get the same speed, you would have to gear the 1100kv lower than you would have to gear the 800kv, so the amperage would be lower because the motor would not have to work so hard.

I don't know that this would be that noticeable to run time, but it might add 30 seconds or so if geared for the same speed.

The way we produced the 1100kv, it has about 75% of the resistance of the 800kv so if you are putting the same power through the motor less power will be lost to heat. The peak power output of the 1100kv is slightly higher because of this lower resistance.
To get the same speed, you would have to gear the 1100kv lower than you would have to gear the 800kv, so the amperage would be lower because the motor would not have to work so hard.

I don't know that this would be that noticeable to run time, but it might add 30 seconds or so if geared for the same speed.
So, for those of us who have preordered an ESC/motor combo, when are these bad boys going to start shipping?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back