MGM 8s car esc an XLX2 challenger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
16-35v rated (5s to 8s)
400a cont. amperage however allows 900a for 5 sec in a certain mode called "keep the limit"

https://www.mgm-controllers.com/en/tmm-40035-3-x3-series-for-cars

1675279847606.png

1675275430024.png

In Speed We Trust

Break records with the new TMM 40035-3 X3-SERIES! Designed to let you stay at full throttle for as long as possible with the new Keep-The-Limit function. New sophisticated X3-SERIES FW enables you to push the limit at 900A peak current for 5 seconds!

All X3-SERIES come with JETI, Graupner, and Futaba telemetry!

15a cont. bec with 30a peak

Last edited:
16-35v rated
400a cont. amperage however allows 900a for 5 sec in a certain mode called keep the limit?

https://www.mgm-controllers.com/en/tmm-40035-3-x3-series-for-cars

View attachment 274667

In Speed We Trust

Break records with the new TMM 40035-3 X3-SERIES! Designed to let you stay at full throttle for as long as possible with the new Keep-The-Limit function. New sophisticated X3-SERIES FW enables you to push the limit at 900A peak current for 5 seconds!

All X3-SERIES come with JETI, Graupner, and Futaba telemetry!

15a cont. bec with 30a peak
Looks promising, but there is some sticker shock 😮

Looks promising, but there is some sticker shock 😮

That is the joy of MGM products LOL
I am pretty content with the XLX2 for the price point.

If this ESC plays well with 1/5 scale TP Power 6 pole motors that would be a big deal. I think the XLX2 handles the 40mm 4-pole motors just fine.

Is this in response to the xlx2?

Or is this MGM just wanting to jump in the game and grab some of the market share? :unsure:

I have to assume at least 70% of the consideration was targeting Castle's speed run surface market. They specifically call out the drag and speed run use.
Along with that they mention battle bots usage too.

It seems like they could have gone larger than 8awg for this power level 14kW constant and something like 26kW for 5 seconds.

Any info on data logs or programming options? That fan looks very much like the $10 rocket fans

Any info on data logs or programming options? That fan looks very much like the $10 rocket fans
It does capture data logs and upto 12.5hrs, which is impressive! Unsure on programming options, but I have heard you can get EXTREMELY detailed on MGM ESCs. Likely too many configurations for the average user.

1675285392803.png

It's about the same length as the XLX but its 10mm narrower. That might open up major fitment promises in cars "not supposed" to have that kind of power. 🤔😈 👍
Looks like it's ~15mm shorter, height wise too. Guess it's time to stuff one into my typhon!😁

Looks like it's ~15mm shorter, height wise too. Guess it's time to stuff one into my typhon!😁
You must really be trying to reach outer space :ROFLMAO:

Wonder what’s the kv limit. Most of these XLX2 included have issues running higher kv motors in drag specifications.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back