Granite MiniFlip's Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think comes stock on the LWB cars like the Typhon, Senton and Big Rock and is optional for the Granite.

It's probably necessary for speed runs, but for general bashing with a Granite it's probably an annoyance more than anything else. I don't have plans to add one on the Granite.

Last edited:
@Orebro80 : I just checked the part numbers
- The metal gears inside the diffs are the same for the V2 Mega and V3 3S.
- The diff cup, diff cover and gasket are different.
- The o-rings are different.
- Both use the same shims, but there is one (AR709052) that is not positioned at the same place.

Basically, my understanding is that you can use the Mega diff gears, shims and pins in a 3S diff, but that's it.

If you want to use the Mega diffs on 3S, it will work, but expect to snap the stock input gears rapidly and probably strip the Mega diff case. The larger teeth of the the 3S has probably been chosen to deal with the higher power. 2S with the Mega diff cups would probably be safer.

I can confirm that the Mega diff cups or input gear will strip when you add brushless and lipo power to it. My V2 granite had the smaller teeth on the cups and input gears and the rear stripped pretty quickly after going brushless.

I assume it's the same story with the stock slipper...
I wasted too much time and money messing around with the Mega slipper. Buy the blx slipper, metal spur and Pinion as well as a motor with a 5mm shaft. I stripped to many grub screws on the 3.175 motor shafts. It’s not fun to remove those. They would always come loose no matter if I used loctite or not.

The motor plate was bent, so I replaced it with a 7075 one from KC-RC.

IMG_20211123_233314.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back