Granite Mod for mx28 tires/wheels?

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Nero
Im ready to upgrade stock tires to mx28 2.8 proline badlands. I was going to order hot racing 17mm hexes but cant find product atf117xt02...any suggestions on what mods I can make for mx28 wheels to fit?

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Nero
Has anyone tried the proline raid mx28 with removable hexes...apparently you can use 14mm hex adapter PRO634700

skt07

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4
Has anyone tried the proline raid mx28 with removable hexes...apparently you can use 14mm hex adapter PRO634700
I have this setup on my BRCC and it works perfectly.

I installed Typhon arms instead of using the hex extenders and it’s now wide enough for me. No need for the hex extenders.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Nero
I have this setup on my BRCC and it works perfectly.
Ok great...assuming the same wheel nut and axle will work...was afraid axle would be too short with extension of hex hub?

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Nero
It works with the stock parts on my BRCC

The Pro-Line website even specifically mentions the Granite

https://www.prolineracing.com/accessories/6x30-to-14mm-hex-adapters.asp
Thx!

How about the removable wheel hex...do they seem like they will hold up over time?
It works with the stock parts on my BRCC

The Pro-Line website even specifically mentions the Granite

https://www.prolineracing.com/accessories/6x30-to-14mm-hex-adapters.asp
Thx!

How about the removable wheel hex...do they seem like they will hold up over time?

skt07

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4
Which hexes are you talking about? The 14mm that come stock? They’re better than the hot racing ones IMO. I’ve read of people having problems with parts of the 17mm hot racing hex extenders coming loose and backing out even when using blue Loctite. Haven’t had any issues like that with the stock parts.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Nero
Which hexes are you talking about? The 14mm that come stock? They’re better than the hot racing ones IMO. I’ve read of people having problems with parts of the 17mm hot racing hex extenders coming loose and backing out even when using blue Loctite. Haven’t had any issues like that with the stock parts.
My bad...didnt mean the stock hex...but the proline 14mm offset adapters...do the bolts from adapters to wheel seem like they will last over time (not strip out)?

Last question...were the typhon arms the only thing you needed to swap out for the added width...or did you have to order other typhon parts to use arms (typhon axle yokes, carrier hubs, etc)?

Thx

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JGaff Senton New Senton Jeep Gladiator mod. Arrma 4x4 19
KevinC Xmaxx bumper Mod Arrma 8S 0
fpvmiller Granite Center driveshaft mod ("upgrayedd") 😁 Arrma 4x4 8
Rc bench Infraction new cover mod Arrma 6s BLX 0