Mojave 4s Drywall Tap and Shoe Goo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cainsable

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So, I have a new Mojave 4s, I promised myself not to bash it until I tried the Drywall tape and shoe goo mod to make it stronger. Let me tell ya, that back end of that body has so many little nooks and crannies. I have some parts to do over, but happy with my progress.

Hey give it try, it may work for you. (y) Many like doing this,
For me not so much. I felt it was a waste of $materials$ and still broke the same. While adding much weight.
Maybe I am the outliar.? IDK. Tried that on several bodies, all types. I'll just reinforce certain areas now on them, maybe even with hot glue in the tight areas, then just patch up with Gorilla Tape as needed when they break, what works for me.. Replacing the body when it's trashed and wont stay on anymore.. These are basher bodies expected to break like the many other parts that will.

Last edited:
Hey give it try, it may work for you. (y) Many like doing this,
For me not so much. I felt it was a waste of $materials$ and still broke the same. While adding much weight.
Maybe I am the outliar.? IDK. Tried that on several bodies, all types. I'll just reinforce certain areas now on them, maybe even with hot glue in the tight areas, then just patch up with Gorilla Tape as needed when they break, what works for me.. Replacing the body when it's trashed and wont stay on anymore.. These are basher bodies expected to break like the many other parts that will.
Same....don't bother anymore. My typhon shells are cheap and light. Another reason I went with this rig.

Typhon or most any Buggy open wheeled bodies are great for good reasons, and they don't get much strike damage anyway.
Can you believe I still have a PL Axis Typhon body sitting here unpainted for like 2 years now? My intention when I first got my TLRT was to want the Axis body . Purchased it with my TLRT, day one.
TBH, I am tired of looking at that Typhon stocker body shape. Seems so old to me. Need to change it up.
When it comes to painting bodies, I've probably painted over 2 dozen bodies years past, I have become so lazy about it over the years. I can hold my own when it comes to painting, I am no star however.Just Simple 3 color Rattle can jobs. Just it's not my love anymore, when it comes to RC bodies. I like trimming and fitting a clear body, no issue. Just not the painting part.

Last edited:
I've seen some guys spray clear Flex-Seal. Much easier then applying shoe goo & drywall tape by hand.
I tried spray on flex seal and drywall tape for my Mojave 6s. Still broke the body in the first couple runs 🤣 I agree with the others, probably going to skip next time and just repair as needed.

I feel the only way to make it work is if you use something that is almost as rigid as the Lexan body itself. And bonds really well to it.
Like layers of Fiberglass matting and a rigid forming Lexan, yet Paint friendly adhesive. But at that point gets costly and quite heavy. Makes no sense to me. Some have ruined their paint work using very strong adhesives, when all said and done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back