Mojave Mojave Bent chassis - M2C or JBI?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aametzger

TORTURED RC
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Outcast 8s
Well I did some pretty good damage to my Mojave this eve. I broke the rear suspension mount, rear gearbox housing, front chassis brace and bent the crap out of my chassis. The big sends i was doing off this large mound was fun, but not feeling so worth it right now. lol. I am looking to replace the chassis with an upgraded one. Looks like the 2 options are m2c and JBI.

Anyone got an opinion on which is better?

One thing I did see when looking at the JBI one is it says they don't recommend using the t2t braces with their chassis. Anyone know the reason for this? I'm planning on getting upgraded chassis braces, and the exb steel suspension mount since this is the 2nd time i broke the stock aluminum one in the same place. With all the parts i need to replace, i will be almost halfway to the cost of an exb roller, so it's got me thinking about grabbing on of those and robbing the electronics from my mojave :unsure:...

If you banged up the stock rig that bad you'd still bend the exb chassis. I don't run the t2t on most of my rigs with the m2c chassis and the JBI would be no different. I'm not going to run one on my stretched Mojave either. The JBI will be a little heavier but seem to be a little more beefcake status than the m2c's.

fat bastard2.jpg

If you banged up the stock rig that bad you'd still bend the exb chassis. I don't run the t2t on most of my rigs with the m2c chassis and the JBI would be no different. I'm not going to run one on my stretched Mojave either. The JBI will be a little heavier but seem to be a little more beefcake status than the m2c's.

View attachment 94696
Thanks! looks like Arrma is coming out with a EXB XL chassis for the mojave, but its not available yet. I don't see anywhere where it says the thickness though. Looks like M2C is 4mm, and JBI is 4.5mm. I still wonder why JBI says they don't suggest running the t2t. Is it just not needed (like you suggest) or is there an issue with running them? If its just not needed, you would have thought they would have worded it slightly different, like T2T is not needed vs not recommended. :unsure: Thanks again for your input!
Here's some pics of the bent chassis. There is a pretty good bow across the whole chassis, but the worst part is a sharper bend in the front right at the steering block screws.
IMG_1569.jpeg
IMG_1571.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks! looks like Arrma is coming out with a EXB XL chassis for the mojave, but its not available yet. I don't see anywhere where it says the thickness though. Looks like M2C is 4mm, and JBI is 4.5mm. I still wonder why JBI says they don't suggest running the t2t. Is it just not needed (like you suggest) or is there an issue with running them? If its just not needed, you would have thought they would have worded it slightly different, like T2T is not needed vs not recommended. :unsure: Thanks again for your input!
EXB are 3mm afaik

Well I ordered the m2c chassis and frt and rear chassis braces. I don't mind repairing things on my rig, but if im honest im not looking forward to the major teardown to swap the chassis :cautious:

Well I ordered the m2c chassis and frt and rear chassis braces. I don't mind repairing things on my rig, but if im honest im not looking forward to the major teardown to swap the chassis :cautious:
It’s not too bad, but also a good time to go through your diffs and make sure everything is good.

It’s not too bad, but also a good time to go through your diffs and make sure everything is good.
Yep plan to do that for sure. It hasn't been too long ago that I did that due to destroying my pinion gears as a result of a cracked gearbox. I pulled all 3 diffs and changed the fluid weight while i was at it. I am interested to see how much dirt has made it into my gearbox. When I pulled them before, there was a bunch of dirt in my rear and followed the recommendation of adding some grease where the gearbox meets the chassis, so i'm curious if that helped.

Yep plan to do that for sure. It hasn't been too long ago that I did that due to destroying my pinion gears as a result of a cracked gearbox. I pulled all 3 diffs and changed the fluid weight while i was at it. I am interested to see how much dirt has made it into my gearbox. When I pulled them before, there was a bunch of dirt in my rear and followed the recommendation of adding some grease where the gearbox meets the chassis, so i'm curious if that helped.
Get some tekjo gaskets on eBay. He makes a thicker gasket for each cup and a chassis to diff case gasket too.
Get some tekjo gaskets on eBay. He makes a thicker gasket for each cup and a chassis to diff case gasket too.

Attachments

• 40D4A32A-50EC-4E3F-98B9-108F770C0469.jpeg
    40D4A32A-50EC-4E3F-98B9-108F770C0469.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 66
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back