Mopar Mile High Nationals.... The last one ever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rottster

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
I wish I could post video here without adding a link from youtube, but I was there on Saturday for qualifications. Brittany Force set a new track record of 337 mph of which I DIDN'T get a video of. I was there, but this track holds such a special place in my heart. I've raced my drag bike there more times than I can count and to think it's going to gone forever sucks. However, my wife was kind enough to get pictures of Kelly Clotz, Pro Stock Motorcycle racer and Gaige Herra, Pro Stock motorcycle racer and I. Gaige signed a cool poster and Kelly signed my hat. :) She's a trip! And I'm fat...

Kelly and I 1.jpg

Kelly and I 2.jpg

Gaige Herrera 1.jpg

Gaige Herrera 2.jpg

Yeah, shed a tear here too. Feels like part of my legacy fades with its closing. Reading there is another track in the works that will carry the Bandimere banner. Out vicinity the International Airport. Multi-use motorsports facility. Hope so. Time will tell.

Bandimere's was a speed shop we'd hang out back in the '60s when I was in the Air Force [at then] Lowry AFB, Aurora, CO. They were racing out of Castle Rock, halfway between Denver and Colorado Springs.

That’s awesome, man. Looks like you had a great time!
It was such a blast but bittersweet knowing the track is going away. 65 years is a good run though...
IMG_6000.JPG

@Rottster Glad you got to go, sad that so many things we love are just beco ing memories..
It seems everything fun is being banned or over regulated. :( In the interviews with the Bandimere family, they state it's not due to encroaching development, pressure from the County and complaining Karen's, but those of us who live here know the real deal.
Yeah, shed a tear here too. Feels like part of my legacy fades with its closing. Reading there is another track in the works that will carry the Bandimere banner. Out vicinity the International Airport. Multi-use motorsports facility. Hope so. Time will tell.

Bandimere's was a speed shop we'd hang out back in the '60s when I was in the Air Force [at then] Lowry AFB, Aurora, CO. They were racing out of Castle Rock, halfway between Denver and Colorado Springs.

Yep, we can only hope! They say if it get approved and goes through it'll be 10 times the size and have plumbing/real restrooms, lol. Great to hear about your experiences out here! First time I raced there was in 94, 29 years ago... You certainly have me beat!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back